Chapter 7: Hello Again

After returning to camp, Y/N  unloaded the car while David scurried off to change out of his dirtied clothes. Gwen came over to help, but she had a puzzled look on her face.

 "Hey, y/n. Did something happen at the store?" She asked picking up some of the bags  from the trunk.

"Um..well sorta.." They said glancing to the side. They really didn't want to recount today's incident. "Why? Whats up?"

Gwen pointed to the direction David went off in with her thumb. "Well David just ran by a second ago and.. was that blood on him?"

Y/N laughed and waved their hand dismissively. "No No. David said he got a drink thrown on him by some asshole in the store."

Gwen was surprised. "What?! Well why the hell did he do that?"

The two  walked back carrying as many bags and materials as they could, while y/n explained everything that happened back at the store. By the end, Gwen was as ticked as they were. 

"You were right. That guy WAS a asshole. And a dick. And a pig. I'm sorry you had to go through that. If I were there I woulda smashed his nuts in."

"Thanks Gwen that means a lot~." Y/n chuckled. Telling Gwen really did make them feel a bit better. Gwen glanced back to (Y/n)with a slight smile pulled on her lips. 

"But, How'd you feel when David stuck up for you. Must've been surprising right?" 

"It was! I never thought that David would be such a stand up guy. Not to say that I don't think he is of course jus-."

"I know. I know. He doesn't look it." Gwen looked up while seeming to recall something. "David's been like that for as long as I've known him. Cheesy. Over the top. Spastic. Sappy. Yeah. But, when it comes to sticking up for people and things he cares about, he'll do it. No question."

Gwen side glanced Y/N again with that smile. "And by the sounds of it he really cares about you too."

Hearing Gwen say this made y/n's face fall a bit warm. Of course he cared. He was their employer. It'd be weird for a employer NOT to care about their employees right? But, the way that Gwen said that. It implied that his care went past the guise of a professional relationship. And in a way...that them feel a bit happy.

Y/n suddenly realized that they were starting to drift off in thought when they had something important to keep in mind. "A- Anyway! Gwen! What did you have in mind for the show decoration set up?"

Gwen giggled. "Well I was thinking about hanging a few streamers above where Max is going to be standing."

---

Now in a fresh change of clothes David looked over his dirty uniform. Does blood wash out easily? He really hoped so. Because as long as his blood was on that uniform, it was tainted. And there was no way  that David was going to wear something that still had his scum on it. Thinking about him mad David so...

David threw his uniform violently into the washer and slammed the door to it shut. He took a deep breath. He had to calm down. Sure that incident was upsetting. Upsetting beyond belief. But he had never gotten this angry before. I was completely new, even to himself the way he was acting. He turned on the washer and returned to the faculty room where y/n and Gwen would be arriving with the materials. He decided he would just wait for them to show up, and switched on the radio. He sat down and listened absently to whatever was on. It was  a nice little lo fi song that brought on a sense of calming melancholy. 

While the song gently swayed about the room, His mind drifted back to Y/N. He remembered their crying face. And even though its a face he'd never want to see again. A face that meant that they were in pain. He remembered it one of the most striking expressions he's seen them make. Almost like a forbidden beauty. A taboo masterpiece. It was as if they were crying diamonds.