Chapter 2: "You are perfect!"

Oh poor David. To attract a new counselor, Preston came up with the idea of all of the camp kids dressing David in a bunch of different costumes all at once to show the diversity of the camp and all  its different opportunities. He was practically suffocating under the weight of all of those clothes and costumes. Max helped with 'makeup'. But all he did was draw multiple different obscene pictures all over David's face in marker. ... Dicks. He drew Dicks on his face.  After learning that there was someone who was actually interested in the position, he got so excited! He even made a whole list of questions to ask the potential employee.  Ranging from their favorite shows, favorite foods, and whether or not they loved camping as much as he did. He had spent the past few minutes in the kitchen rehearsing the delivery of these questions. The pots and pans actually made decent practice partners. But even these pots and pans could not have prepared David for what he had just encountered. 

He wasn't prepared for the fact that (Y/N) was so early. He wasn't prepared for the fact that (Y/N) had called out from the front of the mess hall. And when he ran out to meet them-

He hadn't accounted for the fact, that (Y/N) would be so..perfect.

There was just no other word in David's mind that could describe the person who stood before him right now. In his many years of being at this camp, he had seen his share of some absolutely beautiful sights. The sun setting over the lake. The children's art during arts and crafts day. Max actually eating an entire plate of food.  But this.. was in a completely different league.

He found himself transfixed on (Y/N) entire form and being. Their body was full in all the right places. Their clothes adorned them with a sort of personality that David could only assume matched (Y/N). A personality that David now wanted to learn a whole lot more about. When his eyes reached their face, he became frozen. Staring back at him was a absolutely flawless face. The eyes were perfect shade of (E/C) and they held on to David's with their beautiful spell of kindness. (Y/N) was speaking but this only caused David to sink deeper into his trance. Their voice was as lovely as the sweetest lullaby. Time seemed to crawl to a dead stop and the world faded away with it. Was he even allowed to gaze upon such a site without paying some sort of price? Like his immortal soul? No, they weren't like a demon. They were more like.. an angel. They were-

"You are David aren't you?"

David was yanked back and crashed face first into reality in just a instant. Oh gosh! How long had he been staring at (Y/N)? They sounded a little concerned and rightfully so. He violently shook his head in a attempt to shoo away any residue from this trance that he was just in. (Y/N) had come for a job! He had to give them the interview they came for! But how was he to do it now? Would he have the nerve? 

Soon enough they were sitting at a table and David was nervously flipping through his questionnaire. It was strange. The papers were in order earlier. But now he could barely keep track of what questions he had asked what he hadn't. But with (y/n) staring at him like this.. Oh God this was going to be a struggle.

"S- so! Uh wh-what are your hobbies?" Asked David when he had settled on a piece of paper with the easiest questions to read out loud. As (Y/N) recounted their favorite activities, David took note of everything mentally. Every single verbal mannerism and fluctuation of their words. The way their body would move as they spoke, visually painting what they said. He would memorize them all.

"Um, Mr. David?" Spoke his angel. But he now noted that they were addressing him in such a formal way. Deep down, David kind of liked it, but he want to establish a sense of trust and closeness.  "Please! Call me David (Y/N)." He gently corrected.