Chapter 3: Confrontation

I stand up as the nervous villagers arrive.

"Welcome humans! I am the lord and guardian of this vault! I have had my servant bring you here, because I have a question."

I sit down again and frown.

"Why were those soldiers attacking you? I know the Order is supposed to help small villages like yours fend off monster girls, so why did they attack you?"

"We couldn't afford to pay the taxes they had imposed on us, and when the mines ran dry... we were seems unworthy of the God's kindness."

"Typical. Well, I have good news for you. While my metal allies, these metal scorpions, the Scaladar, rebuild your village, I'll allow you to ask me anything."

"Who are you?"

"I am Seriam Aurus Conund. The son of Semib the Tranquil. The next advisor of Bahamut. Or at least, I was supposed to. Before that wretched Chief God killed Bahamut and made my kind sacrifice themselves to hide the other metallic dragons. I've hidden myself here, and I shall guard this tomb for as long as I can."

I calm down and sigh, before snapping my fingers. A hidden passgeway open up, revealing a long corridor.

"Each of those room in that corridor will be your living spaces for the time being. Hope you enjoy you stay. Come to me if you need anything."

"Actually sir, we do have something to ask of you."

"Yes?"

"We have... a sister of the Church. She was captured by the Order, and she's not... a human."

"Oh? A mamono then?"

"No. She called herself a Tiefling. She's a wonderful person, and I don't want her to die. Could you please save her?"

"Yes. They can't be that far, so I'll do my best."

I stand up and walk past them, heading outside. Once I arrive outside, I turn into my dragon form.

I flap my wings and take off, and glide over the forest, scanning the treetops

I flap my wings and take off, and glide over the forest, scanning the treetops. I suddenly see smoke in the distance, and I cast an invisibility spell. I land quietly in the trees and peer out of the undergrowth. There, I see many soldiers, and I see large cages. I see a tall woman hugging many small children around her, whispering quietly.

 I see a tall woman hugging many small children around her, whispering quietly

      A guard bangs on the cage, telling her to shut up. I growl and flex my claws. I see the group of heroes from earlier, and I notice they're yelling at the commander.

"What is the matter with you? You killed innocent villagers just for her?"

The knight points at the Teifling. The commander sneers.

"They were unneeded and they were harboring a lilim. They didn't deserve to live. I hope those scorpions tore them apart."

"They didn't."

     I stepped out of the tree line, and dispelled my invisibility. The soldiers gaps at my appearance, too shocked to grab their weapons. I march up to the commander, glaring down wrathfully at him.

"The Scaladar se my servants. I sent them to save the village. And I'm here to save her."

I point to the Teifling, who stares at me in shock.

"Now, I suggest you allow me to, or else I will get violent. And you won't be very alive after that."

The commander seemingly gains back his macho personality. He smirks and signals for his soldiers to surround me, which they do. I calmly watch a s they surround me.

"Heroes! Help us slay this beast."

"We refuse. You are nothing but a murderer."

"Fine then! I'll report it to the Council once we return."

"Expect you won't."

I slam my tail into him, earning a sickening crack and sends him flying. I tear up on my hind legs and roar, and fiery specks appears in the sky, before rapidly growing larger, which reveals the specks as meteors. The fiery spatial rocks slam around me, exploding with wrathful force. Not enough to kill or maim, just enough to knock someone out.

"Point. Proven."

I bound towards the cages, and slash off the locks. I bend down and speak to the Teifling.

"Come. Get on my back, we must leave quickly."

She snap and herds the children and other villagers. I spread my wings again and take off. I look back and see the heroes, saluting as we fly off. I nod and turn to keep flying. We soon arrive back home and I touch down. The people get off of me, and I revert back to my human form. I smile before bowing.

"Welcome to my home. Your friends and family are already here."

I open the door, and they rush in, running to their families. The Teifling stands by me.

"Thank you, Lord Conund."

"You know of me?"

"Of course. Your father raised mine."

"My father? Interesting."

"Indeed it is. I was hoping I could one day meet you, and thank you for your fathers help."

I smile.

"It's no problem. My father respected your father, and yours respected mine. That's enough for me."

"You're very kind."

"I am! Just don't get in my bad side, or you'll end up like that commander."

"I noticed."

We laugh and talk for awhile, before I retreat to my chambers and she sets off to find her own room. I lie down in my bed, thinking of what tomorrow will bring. Sadly, probably not something good.

Author P.O.V

     And he has no idea how right he is. Faraway, high above the clouds, a beautiful, buxom woman watches him in his sleep through a small magic circle

"My love... I've found you. I must redeem myself for my past sins, and I need you by my side. But you have a lot of hate for me... and I understand why. I just was so paranoid and... that's it."

An angel overheard this and frowns, looking from a distance at the sleeping dragon.

"If I bring him to the Mother... she'll praise me! I must do this, for the sake of the Mother's happiness."