Chapter 1: The Lone Dragon

(Aro's theme)

Order Soldier POV

We have been sent to investigate a mysterious ruin. It's said to be guarded by a dragon. A dumb dragon won't stop the Order. We continue up the mountain. Suddenly, a large cave pops into view. We walk into it, not knowing we are walking into the jaws of the wolf. We walked through the dark passage of the cave, having not brought torches with us. We continue deeper before we bump into a dead end. Our mage companion, Alia, mutters something and the tip of her staff lights up, letting us see what blocks us.

A large stone door, with strange writing on it. Alia touches it, inspecting it closely before gasping.

"What is it?"

"This language... its in Old Dragon tongue."

"What's that."

"The way of talking of certain dragons that weren't total murderous savages. This was before the Mamono Lord. Whatever is in here must be very old, and must have avoided the damage from the Mamono Lord."

"By the Chief God! That's insane!"

"Yes. From the little knowledge I have, I believe it says that we have to hit it with magic."

"Okay. Could you please?"

"Sure. I was just shocked."

She starts to chant, and we all back away. Her staff releases a shaft of light that races towards the door, where it gets absorbed. The old doors slide open with a grinding stone sound, revealing a large, dark room. We move on through, before me here the snap of fingers, and a two rows of torches light up, revealing a large room filled with gold. And on a  large throne sits a horned figure

Aro POV

I hear humans walking through my domain. I snap my fingers, lighting up the torches in this dark place.

"Welcome, humans! To my domain."

"Who are you? Are you the dragon that guards this place?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Are you... male?"

"Uuuuuhhh... Yes. Why do you ask!"

"Well, I don't know how long you've been down here bu-"

"2000 years."

"What?"

"2000 years, that's how long I've been down here. So how much has changed up top?"

"We-Well, monsters have been into lustful monster women called Mamono. And we have been at war with them for a while."

"Ah that's what cause me to change into this form. That spell."

"What is your true form?"

"A dragon. Obviously. But the thing is I'm not really a normal dragon. I have the power of all the elements, including holy and dark."

"Impossible! Only one being is able to do that, and that is a god!"

"Oh? You want proof? Well then, let me.. show you."