“Baby lay on my pillow with me.”

She scooted up to lay on my pillow, we were still intertwined. Our faces were in kissing distance. She pecked my lips.

I put one arm around her, the other I took in my hand.

“You alright babe?”

“Nah.” I played with her hand. “You’ve been asking me if I was okay for the past two months and I’ve said, yeah, but that’s a lie.”

“What’s wrong?” She gently rubbed my face.

I took a minute to find the right words.

“Is it something I did?” She lifted her head in a panic.

“Nah, nah.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah baby, it ain’t you.”

“Am I not pleasing you right?”

I chuckled. “Babe, calm down. We good in that area. You be sending a nigga into overdrive with you luh horny ass.”

She gave a half smile. “Then what is it?”

She sat her arm up and rested her head on her fist. The covers fell down a bit revealing her bare chest and the tat with my initials reminding she was my anchor. I pulled the covers down so I could see both my babies.

“You sexy you know that?” I traced the tat.

“Stop diverting the subject August.” She looked at me, but didn’t move my hand.

“My only goal in life is to get to a point where I can take care of you and Sata and not have to worry about no other shit.”

“I know.”

“But it seems like…like the devil just don’t want me to do that.” My attention was on the tat.

“Aug, we’re not starting this again.” She pulled the covers up over her.

“Why you do that?” I looked at her.

“Because you’re looking at my breast and not telling me what you need to tell me. Did you cheat on me?”

I scrunched my face up annoyed. “Why is that the only thing a nigga can do? No, I didn’t cheat.”

“You almost cheated?”

“No, I didn’t almost cheat. I don’t need no other braud baby, I got you. You all I need.”

“Well you up here talking about the devil, and the only devil I know are these scandalous hoes out there.”

I chuckled. “No baby, it’s not that.”

“You don’t want to live together anymore?” She searched my eyes with worry.

“Are you gon let me tell you or are you gon keep guessing wrong shit?”

“Sorry. Go.” She went back to her original position, resting her head on her fist.

“Remember the dentist I worked for?”

“The one now?”

“Nah, the first one.”

“Yeah. She tried to come on to you?”

I sighed get super fucking annoyed at this point. I looked at the ceiling. This was already hard and she was making it harder with these wrong ass guesses.

“Sorry baby, I won’t interrupt again.” She zipped her lips.

“You remember what happened?” I turned my attention back to her.