Chapter 2

Hello again. I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter. The choice is still in your hands. What will happen next? Only time will tell! Thank you to all of you amazing readers, I hope to hear any suggestions for the this ever growing adventure. If you all have any question feel free to leave comments or message me. 🙂
—————————/—————————

Still laughing I inspect my handy-work. There on the floor, my glorious work. It was almost beautiful. A deep red so dark that it almost resembled black, puddled on the floor, growing with every ticking minute. The ashen paleness contrasted exquisitely against the ruby hues, making the body even more pale. His eyes blankly staring into nothingness. Shock forever frozen onto his features. The crown jewel however, was the gaping hole, that took the place of his throat. From the hole, thick rivers of blood seeped out before pooling onto the cold floor below.

The tangy metallic smell of blood hung heavily in the air. Adrenaline furiously pumped through my veins as my heart beats echoed thunderously in my head.

"What have I done?' I thought as bile began to make its way up my throat. what have I done? My mind racing with a million questions as a stare into his unseeing gaze. Looking at my hands, I disgustingly notice how they are tinted a ruby hue that matched perfectly with the same blood on the ground. My hands shook violently and I continued to stare at them. My laughter has yet to stop.

'I just --- I just k---' I couldn't bring myself to finish the thought. Not from fear or remorse. No... I knew deep down if I finished that thought, I would the opposite. Pride, smugness. How much more sick can I get? What did he do to me? What happened to me?

Bile seemed to make its way up my throat. I could take it anymore. I wanted to look away, but I was at the same time, entranced with the scene before me. My head shot up at the sound of a sob. Who was crying? There's no one in the room but us three... well now two, I suppose. Where was that sound coming from?

"Does it really bother you so much, my dear? Knowing that you ended his life like it was nothing?" his voice taunted behind me. His soft words were abnormally loud in the room. Almost as if his whispering tone were instead screams, shredding the insides of my ears. The sobbing continued.

Spinning on my feet, I opened my mouth to...I don't know. I want to ask him why, to yell at him, anything! I trusted him, he was supposed to be my friend! Yet, nothing of that sort passed my lips. The only thing that escaped my lips, was a chocked, strangled sob. Wait. I was the one crying? Do I really feel remorse for what I have done?

"Come on now, he had it coming. You can't say that we are all better off without him. Why the tears my little melody?" I flinched at the once endearing pet name. Was he right, however? Was it alright if he was terrible? Was that even an excuse?

"You can't deny enjoying the feeling of power. Of absolute control. The exciting rush that came with ending him," Closing my eyes tightly, I began to shake my head desperately as he came closer. My hands pressed against my ears trying to block his tempting voice. It wasn't true, it can't! "You cannot deny it, dear. You loved the emotions that came with killing! You're ..." at this point he was behind me almost murmuring in my ear despite my hands in place. All I could think at that point was to ignore him.

'Don't!' I thought. 'Don't say it... Please, don't say it!" My thoughts repeated almost begged silently as he whispered that one word that shattered everything that held me together from within.

"A killer."

—————————/—————————

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger. I hope this went smoothly. Happy New Years to everyone and I hope you all had wonderful holidays!