Chapter Fifteenth

Start from the beginning

"I know what you're talking about, but I never have seen anything harsh done to them. We wouldn't make them slaves if that's what you're afraid of. Most that I have seen done was maybe a name call here or there but hopefully, in the next coming years no one will worry." She said thoughtfully.

I just stared at her for a moment looking her up and down taking her information in. I half smiled to her and then leaned down pressing my lips onto her soft ones getting distracted by her beauty. I could feel her body shift undermine in the shock of what I did. Her lips deepen the kiss, and her hands eagerly met my face.

I had to be the one to pull back with a smile or else we'd be here all day. "So where are they?"

Her voice was flushed, and cheeks grew bright red when I kissed her. Slightly panting she advised, "They are back at Arianna's home. Don't worry, they'll be safe. It's still dark out right now but once dawn breaks, we can go. More people will be sleeping so we don't have to worry about being caught."

"Are we traveling again from here? Are we bringing them back here?" I asked curiously. I wanted my parents to close.

"No, they'll be staying with Arianna, and we'll be traveling back and forth from her lot and here. I cannot stress enough that they can't be here. It'd be more dangerous here than anywhere else. If someone found out who they are or who they raised... it would have nothing to do that they aren't pureblood."

I folded my arms at the thought that someone would kill them for raising me. They didn't have a choice in the matter who I was. They were some of the most caring people I have ever met. "We'll we must keep them concealed."

She leaned her head against my chest making me move my folded arms and wrapping them against hers. I ran my hand up her forearm warming her up.

"You'd know I'd do anything for you." She said muffling it in my chest.

"I the same," I mumbled.

We had laid back into bed together we had a long journey when we wake again. I had fallen asleep on the bed with her in my arm. Nothing visited me when I closed my eyes. I was able to get some rest.

When we had woken Valentina had to wait until everyone had left the to bed and once returned, I had put the same cloak as before when I left the room. Once we were out of the home, we went to a shed that had a couple traveling carriages in storage. We took the most discreet with one horse to pull.

Before we could even leave the castle the man that called himself my father had appeared in the shed. Kleitos stood at the opening with a long coat on and his hair pulled up in a blond tousled bun. You could see his features more and each time I looked the more I saw the same face staring back to me. He walked over to the cart once we got loaded. "You will need a driver. If you don't mind, I can take you if you like. It'd be safer if I rode along anyway. Valentina is barely out of adolescent she couldn't protect you,"

That earned a hiss from Valentina under her breath, and she stated aloud, "I can hold myself quite well thank you," She rolled her eyes looking up to me for validation.

"She has proven herself she can fight, but if he wants to offer more protection while were on this journey I wouldn't mind," I said

She scoffed at me and then got into the back of the cart. I looked over to Kleitos and walked close to him, "Thank you for the offering. Won't it be just as dangerous for you to be here."

"My brother knows of my existence. I told you he didn't manage to kill me so his little soldiers if they saw me out, I wouldn't care." He said with a jarring smile. "Now relax my son," he said as he put both of his hands on my shoulder. "Go relax with your mate and we'll arrive shortly."

"Do you even know where we are headed?"

"To the demon's hut, right?" He asked.

"How did you know that?" I asked to perplex by him.

He smiled again, " I have my ways now go along." He said hopping into the driver's position in the front of the carriage. I went along in the back with Valentina as instructed and we had set off.

It couldn't have been more than a three-hour journey in the woods. We didn't experience any delays along the way. As Valentina advised most of the creatures were in their beds' sleep when dawn came.

With light casting on the land, it did give a bright reflection as if the snow was shining. It did hurt to look at. And the biting winter nipped at every part uncovered skin. By the time the tripped had ceased my nose and fingers felt frozen. Arianna had fallen asleep and was snuggled in between my legs with her head nestled up against my chest in a ball wrapped in one of her elegant dresses.

The carriage came to a halt and Kleitos had opened the door to the passenger cart before I was able to open it. I had woken Val up and she had sleepy got up onto her feet and stood beside me waiting for us to lead the way.

We had all started to walk up to her cottage, but we had been stopped when Kleitos couldn't enter Arianna's premises. When he had tried to step into her land a shield that was translucent and slightly shiny stopped him with force pushing him back. Valentina and I walked right through the protective shield unharmed. "Are you okay I asked out to him as he stood up."

He chuckled lightly dusting the snow off his clothes, " I'm alright you just let the demon know to open her gates for me. I mean no one any harm. I just heard much about the parents that raised you. I just wanted to thank them." He said with a smile. He waved us off telling us to go.

I nodded to him in agreement. We finished the path to her house, and I reached out and knocked on her door. It wasn't a second later when Arianna swung it open with a neutral expression on her face. " You finally made it. Come on now, they have been here for the past couple of days." She opened the door more letting us in. I didn't even have to wait long before my mother ran straight to me. I could notice the difference in her immediately. It was if she had her youth returned to her.

"My boy," She squealed wrapping her arms around me.