Chapter Five

CHAPTER 5| TAINTED

Enchanted Waters

Point of View Alexander

I couldn't believe I was so forceful with Val. I didn't know I was able to cross that line. I have never raised my voice with a woman making demands before. I guess this new sort of power had to come with the extra testosterone being pumped in my system. It was weird. I could feel the surges throughout my body when I felt like my position, or my authority was being compromised. I wouldn't say I wanted full dominance with her, but it's more than likely that I wanted to control her. Why? I had no real answer to it. However, I know in my bones that it was wrong to want to control people, to control her the most.

The last couple of days my inner monologue has been nothing but frustrating and rage and acceptance. I guess these feelings just came with the job I was presuming to take and the testosterone. I'll always blame it on the testosterone like women always blaming things on their estrogen.

Valentina was walking toward me after scaring off the Fairy. She was mumbling stuff that if I were still human, I wouldn't be able to hear. She was saying things like, the concubines are not to touch him, I must take him home before I likely kill this forest, and if he ever talks to me like that again I don't know if I'd slap him or kiss him. With the last one, I didn't think she was talking. She knew I'd be able to hear that. I looked across to her and her mouth was pressed into a tight line. She looked like she was out of it. To ease all her worries, I reached my hand out to touch hers. I intertwined my fingers with hers pulling her in front of me, so she could look up into my eyes. To my surprise, she did just that.

She stood right in front of me with her eyes staring into mines looking for answers. The way she stared brought on the invisible electrical field. It was almost as if a bolt of energy was shooting out of her body and into mine. It left some tingly sensations throughout my body making me feel almost as if I didn't care if I was promised tomorrow. I could have lived in this moment forever. Her cocoa eyes melted into mine and my heart jumped throughout my chest. I bent down brushing one of my hands onto her cheek sweeping the hair that had fallen out of her loose ponytail behind her ear. I placed both of my hands on her neck. While doing that she took in a shallow breath, and her heart started to flutter faster.

That is when I decided to lift her head up a little further and leaned down blowing tiny breaths onto her lips, trying to have them tingle in the desperation of my body. I pressed a soft kiss to her lips. I didn't deepen it because I just wanted to taste my future, and I could tell you the taste was sweet. She was perfect in every single breath she'd take. She was perfect in every step she'd take. I couldn't explain why all these emotions started to happen all at once, but they did. They were intense. However, all I wanted to do was take her to the nearest bush and make her my own, but I wouldn't. I placed my forehead on hers and said, "You are my mate, that will never change." When the words were out, I was glad because her eyes held a sparkle that I never wanted to leave.

"You feel it," she whispered, and a smile grew across her face. She pressed another kiss to me, and her hands quickly found the nap of my neck and kissed me harder.

In all honesty, we stood there in each other's moment for about ten minutes soaking each other's beings up. I lifted my head from her saying, "I think it's time to get us to your dad's. You're the only one that knows the way." She smiled smugly separating our bodies from one another. I wrapped an arm around her, and she leads the way.

I had gotten hungry, during our quest to the waters of the portal we'd use to escape into the vampire kingdom. Val had me hunt and she hunted with me. She said she would have let me drink from her, but that was risky since I haven't learned self-control.

When we arrived at the lake it was more than I expected. It was inside of a cave. The only lighting that was from the natural light of day. The water acted like a mirror reflecting all the rocks on the cave wall and the moss that grew onto it. It was crystal blue water that looked deep. Almost as if large animals could live there if they got in.

I turned to Valentina who had let go of my hand once we had entered the enchanting cave. She was now bent over the water. One of her hands was in the water slowly making ripples in it while she spoke in a non-coherent language. Running her fingers on the top stroking it. I cleared my throat and she looked up continuing her hand movements inside of the water. "Are you any good at holding your breath?" She asked casually.

I nodded my head, confused, "Why?"

She gave me a quick smile as she looked out to the waters, " Because if this goes wrong, they will drown you."

She said something was going to drown me and I was a little, okay maybe a lot not okay with that. I was very uneasy about what she was looking for the water too. "Who will drown me?" I asked aloud but before she could even answer I saw my answer.

My face went a faint pale not because I was horrified but more mystified. All the mythical creatures from my childhood were being debunked right before my eyes. First vampires, and werewolves, fairies, mermaids. The two that came up were the modern versions that I've come accustomed to knowing beautiful women at the top, but through the clear water, I could see one had a vibrant blue tail, and the other had a black one. However, they didn't wear seashells for a flimsy cloth to cover up their breasts. They were out and displayed for the world to see. They both didn't seem a tad bit concerned about their breasts being on full display in front of me. One held a trident in her hand, and she was prettier than the other. She had dark skin with full lips, big hazel eyes, and a head full of curly coils. The other one was fair-skinned, with white hair, and green eyes. They were both very interesting looking creatures, nonetheless.

Valentina took off the bag she had taken from my room and started to strip her clothing down to her bra and boy shorts. "What are you doing," I protested. I didn't want her to be exposed in any way like she was right now. Her body though without the clothing looked very appealing. My primal side gulped in the saliva that was soaking my mouth with water. Running my hand through my hair I looked back to the mere-creatures. They didn't help either though because they were both in their own nakedness. I looked back to Val waiting for her answer.

"You have to strip to not be as cold. We are going through the water to the portal, and you don't want soaked clothes coming into the vampire kingdom. It isn't as hot there like here. The suns are being covered with dark clouds," I didn't quite understand, and she saw that in my eyes, so she continued. "The dark clouds are what is keeping us in the dark ages. It is because all the creatures have been at war with each other for hundreds of centuries. Nature is not pleased with what has been happening in our world, so sunlight never really breaks through the thick clouds. It has been colder than usual since the night that my father took you away from the kingdom. However, your uncle, the King, has seemed to blame your mother because she had laid with his brother. He told her that she had been kidnapped by one of the other Kingdoms. Your mother is filled with rage. She herself even went into battle in search of you. She killed so many people, and when she came up empty-handed, she went for the Royals of Elashia. She killed their children, and then the King and Queen. How you might be thinking, well she was invited over. They were trying to make a treaty. You see those didn't work. With those deaths and the kidnapping of you, the fog over the sky has become something else. Some of the kingdoms have even started to freeze over."

With all other information that she was giving me I was feeling a little over my head. However, the other part of me mentally slapped myself and said, "You are not a coward, you are a king." I didn't feel like a king. I felt like I was being thrown into a soap opera meant to please some teenagers. Running my hand through my curls I said, "Even if we strip how are we going to have dry clothing? That bag will be soaked."

With a smirk placed on her lip, she responded, "Don't worry, love. I have already let my friend Ariana know that we will be arriving in our world soon."

'What was that? You guys have some sort of special communication system?"

She shook her head with the same smug face saying, "No, she can see the future, and with that, she would have known that I was taking you. You should really stop questioning things. Once you enter through that portal anything is a possibility."