"Who owns it?" Paxton asked, mistakenly dropping his phone. Tristan still looked dazed then he let out a harsh chuckle "I can't remember right now but we've got the plate number, we'll give it to the police".

Shelia was pacing a hole into the living room floor

Paxton grabbed his keys and stormed out slamming the door behind him. A sob followed the slam of the door drawing their attention to the stairs where Ava stood with unshed tears in her eyes "What happened to mommy?" she asked with a quiver in her voice.

They shared a look, none of them knowing how to properly address the situation. "Your mum went away for some time but she'll be back very soon" Edward said stepping up

"YOU'RE LYING!!!!!" she shouted "I WANT MY MOMMY" she screamed again running up the stairs slamming her room door as she entered.

"Slamming doors seem to be common in this house" Mr Donovan said with a tsk

"It's a waiting game now, someone should go talk to Ava'' Edward suggested taking a seat and pulling out his phone. They seemed pretty calm for a family who just had someone kidnapped. Sheila went up and knocked on Ava's door, her sobs were loud enough to be geared from the other side, not waiting for a response she went in. Ava's face is hidden behind her unicorn pillow staining it with her tears.

"Ava honey?" she starts moving toward her earning no response "I know you're scared but- "

"IM NOT SCARED "she screams removing her face from the pillow, glaring at nothing with red and puffy eyes "Everyone leaves" she says quietly to herself "They always leave" before breaking down into another round of tears. Pair of hands engulfed her tiny body as it shook with tears.

-Somewhere at the other side of the town-

30km past the limit he was speeding on the highway, memories flashing through his head. Damp floor, bound arms........

***

"Eat up mutt, they ain't gonna buy you back if you got no meat on your bones"

"..."

"I said eat up mutt"

"I am not a dog"

"Oh rich kid wanna talk back, huh? Guess you still got energy left in you" he picked up the tray with the slob he called food and turned to leave "A few more days without food will teach you some manners"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - — - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Eat up mutt"

"..."

"It seems like they don't teach manners in that private school of yours, A good whooping would set you straight" he towered over the little boy cowering in the corner with a wire, he shut his eyes in apprehension as the cord came down against his bare back not making a sound as he was whipped mercilessly.

***

Paxton parked his car, and held up his hands as they shook at the sudden memory. He placed a call to Casper to come pick him up "Hey bro, I'll send you my location, I need you to come pick me up"

- 30 minutes later -

"So is there a reason why you couldn't drive back to your place yourself?" Casper asked as he entered the passenger's seat.

"Alexandria is missing, she got kidnapped"

"..."

"I just got her man, everything was perfect and now this happens?"

Casper doesn't say anything....he was never big on emotional issues and that's what Paxton needed, someone to listen. He drops him back at home with an awkward bro hug then leaves.

"Where have you been" Tristan says immediately Paxton comes into view

"Out"

"You think you're the only one that's worried? You really are just a selfish overgrown brat"

"That's enough Tristan" Edward said "The cops got a hit on the car, we're going now."

"I'll call Casper to turn back, he can't have gotten too far."

"Only both of us are going" Tristan said grabbing his coat "Let's go get her"

A/N
Hey guys, sorry for the long break but I don't update during school. This chapter is kinda a filler and so is the next one but after that an old friend is coming back.

 This chapter is kinda a filler and so is the next one but after that an old friend is coming back