011

Problem is the distance between reality and expectation

-Anonymous

30 minutes later we were heading out and he still hadn't said a single word to me. He strapped Ava into her car seat . He just nodded in my direction before going back to the restaurant. The ride back home was pretty quiet apart from Ava singing along to the radio. "Ava, I have some work to do in my office, will you come and do your homework there?"

She nodded her head in response and raced upstairs. I noticed that she didn't talk as much with me as she did with Tristan and Alexandria. We were working in silence there seems to be a lot of that when we are alone together when I heard her stomach rumble. "Wanna get something to eat?"I asked shutting down my laptop.

She nodded eagerly making me chuckle. We went downstairs but there was one problem, I didn't know how to cook. The doorbell rang when we got downstairs. It was too early for Alexandria to be back and to say I was shocked when I saw my sister at the door was an understatement. Things are gonna get interesting.

My sister and I have an......... interesting relationship if you could call it that. She was more of a best friend than a sister. Through my years, I acquired the knowledge that siblings are not meant to be all buddy-buddy with each other all the time, in fact the arguments were meant to be the root of all brother-sisters relationship but we were different. Pillar and I have always gotten along, I don't know if it was because she didn't have many friends at a point in her life and I was a good enough alternative or because I needed a best friend more than I did a sister at that point in life and our routine just stuck.

Pillar waltzed into the house, making herself at home. I shut the door behind her and followed her in, when I entered the kitchen I saw her fussing over Ava.

"Who is this little munchkin, she is sooooo adorable and look at her hair, ohmeegad, can I keep her" Ava looked like she was enjoying the attention so I took to introducing them. Just as I finished, Ava's tummy let out a monster-like rumble.

"Have you been starving this adorable munchkin" Pillar said glaring at me

"No, I was just about to cook" I replied raising my two hands up In surrender

"SO YOU WERE GOING TO POISON HER!!!!!!!" she shouted already moving around the kitchen automatically knowing where everything is . Is that like a female super-power.

She immediately whipped up a batch of noodles for Ava and herself, there was one more portion in the pan but she said it wasn't for me, that I could 'cook for myself'. Does she wanna kill me or what?

Pillar and Ava were immediate bestie's and I wasn't really worried about it. I went up to finish up my work since Ava was in good hands.

*about thirty minutes later*

-Knock knock-

Alexandria walked into my office with the most forced smile a human being could make. "Why is there a woman.... down stairs..... holding. My. Daughter?"

Saying she looked mad was an understatement and I had half a mind to string her along with what she was probably thinking but the murderous looks in her eyes made me do otherwise.

"Babe, you know I only have eyes for you" I said getting up but she wasn't budging. When I got within arms reach of her I continued " That's my sister, I didn't even know she was visiting but she won't harm a hair on Ava's body".

She visibly relaxed "I still don't like leaving my baby with people I don't know"

"Well.. let's fix that" I took her hand and dragged her downstairs.

Pillar and Ava were on the couch watching Dora. I don't get this cartoon like how does saying 'Swiper no swiping' stop swiper from swiping.

"Pillar.... this is my....... girlfriend Alexandria" I said pulling her attention away from the Tv "..and Alexandria, my lovely pain in the backside Pillar" introduction got me a jab from Pillar, causing Ava and Alexandria to laugh

God, I love her laugh

Alexandria and Pillar became quick friends and she started spilling embarrassing childhood stories.

"There was this one time when Paxton was sure that if he stayed in his Batman costume long enough then he will become Batman. He didn't take it off for anything. He didn't bathe for a week"

"Ohmygee what happened"

"Mum, Dad and I took it off in the middle of the night and burned it"

"What did he do when he woke up?"

"We told him Batman came to collect his suit back..... and he believed us" she continued "he legit went around bragging that 'batman' stripped him in the middle of the night"

By now Alexandria was on the floor gasping for air while laughing. If glares could kill..

My sis will be 6 feet under by now.

"It looks like mr. grumpy pants wants my head, we'll continue this later" Pillar said sending a wink in Alexandria's direction. Which was creepy on all kinds of levels.

Secretly, I was kinda happy that they liked each other 'cause I don't know what I would have done if my sister and the woman I was starting to fall for didn't like each other.

Alexandria called Tristan to come and stay to babysit with Pillar since she didn't fully trust her alone with Ava yet. I wanted to take Alexandria out tonight. Alexandria wanted to put up a fight when I told her we were going out but she later complied. I would have brought Ava buh I wanted a little one on one time so that we could get to know each other better. I got dressed wearing black jeans a white shirt and a black jacket with white sneakers and waited for Alexandria.

HOPE YOU GUYS DIDN'T MISS ME TOO MUCH. ILL UPDATE BEFORE EID. HAPPY EID IN ADVANCE TO ALL THE MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD.

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE IF YOU WANT.
LOVE YOU GUYS

SEE YOU AT THE OTHER SIDE

MAY THE FORCE OF AWESOMENESS BE WITH YOU