004

HER

The dinner went better than I thought it would. Few days later, I was to go with my 'boyfriend' who, by the way, hadn't said a word to me since that evening, to shop for furniture and stuff. Paxton was supposed to pick me up at my place at nine o'clock sharp, but guess what? It was seventeen minutes after ten—just great.

After waiting for like five more minutes, I heard the horn of a car. What a gentleman, I thought while heading for the door. I opened it and was stunned by what was parked in front of the house.

I walked to the car slowly, so I had time to admire its beauty. I opened the passenger side of the car and got in mumbling a polite 'hi' to him but guess what? He didn't reply. Shocker. Not.

The drive to the mall was silent. I got that he wasn't happy about the arrangement but he was not the only one who was pulled into it. Childish was the only word appropriate for Paxton's brooding behaviour. We could've made small talk, get to know each other but no, not a single word till we reached the mall and it wasn't a comfortable kind of silence.

When we got to the mall, Mr. I Don't Know What A Conversation Is came to my side to help me out. At first I was too shocked to register what was happening but then I remembered.

The pair must seem romantic to the public eye.

I shook away my thoughts and took the guy's hand.

Immediately I got out of the car, Paxton draped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him leaving barely enough space for a piece of paper to slide between us. He led us right to the store where sofas were sold. I let out a large sigh in mind. Let the shopping begin!

When Paxton and I got to the store, Paxton asked the sales girl to show me different ones and I should pick any. I suspected it was to avoid talking to me but I made no comments. I strolled around the store for about twenty minutes but I didn't see anything that caught my attention until... My gaze fell on a beautiful white set.

I was awestruck.

It's so... perfect.

I looked around for Paxton and finally found him sitting on a stool towards the receptionist area. "I've chosen one." I said, happily.

He handed me his black card without even looking at me.

"Aren't you even going to see what I picked?" I asked in annoyance. When he didn't reply, I dropped his card on the floor and went to the counter and paid for the set.

I gave them the address and told them that I wanted it delivered and set up before noon then I left, not waiting for Paxton.

I was about a few steps away from the shop when I felt someone take my hand and looked to my right to see my 'loving boyfriend' still refusing to look at me. I rolled my eyes at him, resisting the urge to pull away.

We went to get kitchen appliances, counters,  beds (seperate rooms! yay!)  and other stuff.

I was almost dead by the time we were through and thankfully, Paxton took us to the food court for lunch. I ordered 3 cheese burgers and an extra large cup of cola while Paxton took a salad and a glass of water. How can a human being survive on such little food?

When we were done, Paxton threw our trash away and as soon as we stepped out, we were swarmed by the media. Word must've gotten around at the speed of light because we'd literally been in public together for just three hours.

Being nearly the youngest female CEO in the country made me the topic of both gossip and business magazines and Paxton being himself guaranteed the media coverage that our fathers wanted. Publicity of every kind is good for business, right?.

"Are you two together?"

"Are you two dating?"

"How long have you been dating?"

"What are you doing here together?"

"Are you pregnant?"

"Are you engaged?"

What kind of person asks if I'm pregnant? Ugghhh.

Paxton led me through the crowd of reporters, shielding me away from them. To an onlooker, it probably looked like he was gently holding me but truth be told, Paxton practically dragged me to his car.

I was fifty-seven percent sure my shoulder was bruised. When we got to the car, he looked like he was going to say something but he changed his mind about it.

"Can you please drop me at my friend's place?" I asked and Paxton nodded. I added that he could come pick me up in the evening.

I filled Shelia in on everything that happened today and she kept laughing at me.

"I told you, you eat too much." She said wheezing between each word.

Later that evening, Paxton came to pick me up. When he arrived, he horned from outside (chivalry is dead, I tell you). Paxton had a lot of houses he bought randomly scattered around the city. He never used some of them and it was one of these he chose for us. We drove in awkward silence to the house.

I was happy in the least that the place was not too far from Sheila's, Tristan's or my family house. We pulled up in the driveway of the magnificent building I was going to have to start calling home. If I were to use one word to describe it, it would use resplendent. This house was basically awesome, I mean, it had a pool at the back.

Paxton got out of the car and headed inside without waiting for me. Once again, what a gentleman. I thought to myself with an eye roll. I got out of the car and went into the house to explore it. It was too beautiful.

My room was more awesome than I expected. My PA had already gotten someone to move all my belongings except my car. That was to come the next day. It was one of the few things I had that wasn't black or white.

Next I went to scout for Ava's bedroom. I picked the one directly beside mine. It was empty but I had plans for that room. It was going to be decorated into a castle, perfect for a little princess.

As I was looking around, my stomach made a loud, embarrassing grumble. I was so lucky that I wasn't in public anymore. I made my way to the kitchen to look around. It was unsurprisingly as beautiful as the rest of the house. Spotless and with an island counter.

I checked the most important part of the kitchen—the fridge—and praise be to God, it was fully stocked. I said a silent thanks to my assistant (I should probably give her a raise) and turned back to my room to get changed.

I came back down a few minutes later wearing something more comfortable. I'm not bragging when I'm a pretty awesome cook. I started chopping vegetables for my veggie pasta. Forty-five minutes later, I stare at my work in awe.

I served myself and another plate for Paxton. I took his plate up and I found him in the study. I dropped the bowl of pasta on a side table and said "I made pasta and there was some extra, but if you don't want, you can return it to the refrigerator" not waiting for him to respond, I go to my room to eat this heavenly meal. I head to my study after I finished eating, I had some work to catch up with

This is so out of character for me but I'm planning on working on s new project and I need a small favour. Follow my accounts on Instagram @ glimmering_moon_light and agirlhasapen. I would really appreciate it.