Chapter 7: Cue the Cheesy Classics--What, No Rose Petals?

Start from the beginning

I sighed. "You think everyone that I 'date' is fishy."

"I don't think I'm fishy."

"We're not dating."

"Do you want to?"

Duh. "No."

And on that awkward note, we went to have Chinese at a tiny restaurant downtown. Greasy noodles, crappy fortune cookies, and spending Friday night with my overprotective, maybe jealous, best friend; what a good way to end the week.

***

"He's so looking at you!" Emma squealed, giggling like a giddy schoolgirl.

I tapped her shoulder lightly. "He is not. He's looking at Margaret Snyder."

"He so is. Why would he be looking at her? She's not even pretty."

"Emma! That's so mean! She's practically wearing nothing. Of course he's looking at her."

"You know what I think, Char? I think you have a crush on Tyler Bradshaw."

"I do not. Now stop talking and let me concentrate on my history paper."

She rolled her eyes and snatched my research away from me. "This is much more interesting than what you're doing."

"What? Spying on Tyler?"

"Yes! Look, he's looking. Oh crap, he saw me. HIDE!"

She ducked behind me as I tried to shake away her tight grip. She was a lot stronger than I thought. "Emma, would you stop it? You're acting so immature right now."

She smiled. "But he's looking at you now."

I glanced over at Tyler. He was indeed looking at us. "That's because you're making a scene."

"Well then it's a good thing I did. Go talk to him!"

"Why are you encouraging this?"

"You need to start building a relationship with him; you have ones with all the others."

"I don't need Tyler."

"But it'll be fun, don't you think?"

"I think you're delusional."

Emma had this thoughtful expression on her face. "I wonder why he hasn't tried to get you to sleep with him."

"Maybe he's grown up and realized that this competition that he's partaken in is childish."

She looked at me like I had grown a second head and quickly dismissed the idea. "No, that's not it. He's probably waiting for you. Yeah! That's it!"

"Okay, enough about me and this stupid game. Have you figured out who the jerk that took your innocence was yet?"

Emma shook her head sadly. "I don't think I'll ever know."

"We'll find him and cut his balls off, okay?"

She smiled. "We don't have to be that harsh."

"Oh yes, we do. Don't worry, Em. We'll figure out who he is. It wasn't one of the Top Four, was it?"

She shook her head. "I don't think so. But who knows, I was so drunk, anything could've happened."

"That's why you don't drink under aged," I tutted.

"Oh, hush. Not everyone's a goody-goody like you."

"I am not a goody-goody."

"Yeah, you are!"