Searching the factory

... inside the factory..

There, they began to carefully examine the corridors and hallways for any traps or spies.

To their luck neither.

It was all quiet, like no humansoul ever dared to go inside this building.

Nothing changed compare to three and a half months ago. Even the blood-marks were still there, to Sanguines frighten.

Everything seemed normal or like they left it.

Yet, they didn't turn around. Someone was here, Valkyrie could definitely feel that.

So could Dusk and Sanguine.

It was a powerful aura, a aura so strong, even Sanguine could sense it easily, even he,who's not even used to make out auras.

Which is why, he, compare to Dusk and Valkyrie, didn't recognize the person it belonged to.

On the other hand Dusk and Valkyrie did and it made both stiffen and tense. Dusk almost already wanted to grab Valkyrie and just lock her inside the car, once he would have dragged her out, while he would get Scarab with Sanguine alone.

Unfortunately he didn't have the opportunity to, because all of a sudden, a loud...

'bang' ..

..shot through their ears and made Billy-ray back away „F-Father... " and with this, he vanished into the earth.

Instantly both tried to stop him.

Dusk was about to grab him by the shoulders.

Valkyriejust something to stop them.

To their pity both were too late.

„Sanguine wait!!" they yelled, the moment he vanished from sight.

But he was already gone.

„Shit, shit, shit, shit [..., shit!!" Val cursed panicely, as she spinned around in the direction, where they had headed to.

Dusk did so to and urged „ Now we can't loose any more time... Quick! ".

Having said this, he gave a sign to follow him and both rushed forward into the dark nothingness.

In Vain.

Every room they ran by was empty.

It was hopeless.

Almost like, the ear-killing 'bang' they had heared, was an hallucination.

There was no trace of it.

Nevertheless they couldn't give up. The life of Scarab and Sanguine depended on it.

Somewhere in this hell-hole they had to be.

Then Valkyrie remember something.

In the room, she had found Sanguine those few month ago, had led a secret passageway,..... maybe they were there.

Right away, they changed their current direction and moved quickly to said room.

This time with avail.

As in the moment they arrived there, they wasted no time in instantly hiding behind the corner, both had just passed.

The whole Sanctuary stood in there. Detectives.

Administrator.

Cleavers.

Elders and even the Grand Mage, himself.

Damocles Creed.

Once Valkyrie noticed him, a feeling of disgust crossed her.

She hated this man so much for everything he had done.

He took away her second home, setting the people - her friends, her family - under his influence, fogging every mind with it.

That only a handful of people were able to escape him, mostly the ones who were at that time outside the Sanctuary.

Skulduggery , her partner, wasn't one of them. There, she had still tried to desperately save him, now they stood face-to-face as enemies.

Who, speaking of him, was there, too.

Honestly he was barely overlookable.

A thin man with a stylish coat and white skin. That is only known as bones. Not to forget his hat. Obviously him.

Apparently he had his gun pointed at someone, who sat on his knees with a lowered head.

In horror, both noticed, that it was..

.. Scarab..