75.

After a few days, Brendon's parents go home again and while Brendon brings them to the airport, Dallon goes to work.

He's just sitting in his office reading some documents when there's a knock on his door and he looks up, as the door opens.

"Hi, Mr. Weekes," Stella says, as she comes walking in and Dallon smiles at her.

"Good morning, Stella. What can I do for you?"

Stella just walks up to the desk and hands him an envelope.

"It's my letter of resignation," she says and Dallon frowns a little.

"What?" He asks, looking up at Stella and she just gives him a sad smile.

"If I resign, maybe people will see that you and I never had an affair. I mean, it'd be ideal if you'd fire me, but I do want you to know that I want to do this. I don't want to be the reason the company gets in any trouble."

Dallon gestures for Stella to sit down and he puts the letter down.

"Do you really want to do this?" He asks and Stella shrugs.

"I mean, it'd be best for both of us and for the company. I thought about this, Mr. Weekes and I think this is the best solution."

Dallon nods and thinks for a few seconds.

"I just... I don't want you to get in any financial trouble or anything. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Stella shakes her head and smiles at Dallon.

"I've got it all covered," she says and Dallon nods again.

"Alright. You can take your letter to HR and they'll handle it." "Alright, thank you, sir."

Stella gets up and walks out of the office, leaving Dallon behind. He just feels a little weird because Stella had been there for years, helping him with the company and if it wasn't for her, he and Brendon wouldn't have started dating because he probably wouldn't have told Brendon how he felt.

 And now she would be gone and it did feel kinda weird.

He just continues working for a while because he still had a lot to do. He didn't have time to be sad about his employees resigning. No matter how long they'd been working for him and what they'd done for him.

After a while, there's another knock on his door and he looks up.

"Come in," he says and Stella comes walking in again.

"Hi... I just handed the letter to HR. They're gonna look into it and I'll probably be gone, next month," she says and Dallon nods.

"Alright. That went fast, all of a sudden," he answers and Stella smiles sadly.

"Yeah, it did. I'm sorry that I'm leaving this company, after so many years. It's not only about the rumors, though. I just really feel like I need a career switch. And I still do wanna be friends with you because you're a great person. But I think it's better for both of us to keep it quiet."

Dallon nods.

"I'd like to stay friends and I get that you might need a different job, after so many years. I really do wish you the best of luck."

Stella smiles and just stands in the doorway for a few seconds.

"Well, I'm gonna get back to work now!" She says, then and she turns around again.

Dallon smiles and just looks at the closed door for a few seconds.

On one hand, it would probably be easier being friends with Stella if she didn't work for Dallon anymore, but it just felt so weird because now Dallon needed to get a new assistant and they'd have to get used to the way they both worked and the jokes they could and couldn't make.

And Dallon had already gone through that with Stella and they turned out to work really well together, but what if he and his new assistant didn't have that same connection?

After a while of working, Dallon gets up from behind his desk and stretches a little before he goes and gets himself some coffee from the machine in the corner of his office.

He just walks back to his desk again and sighs a little.

He felt like he just wasn't getting any work done, anyway.

"Stella, I think I'm gonna head home," he says when he finishes his coffee and he walks out the door of his office.

"Alright, Mr. Weekes. Have a nice day!" She says and he smiles.

"Thanks. You too."