67.

"Could you maybe help me with something?" Brendon asks and Dallon looks up from his newspaper.

They'd just finished breakfast and Dallon was just reading the finance section of the newspaper, while Brendon was starting on baking a cake.

"Yeah, of course. What do you need help with?" Dallon asks and Brendon wipes his hands on the towel that he was holding.

"Well, could you maybe grate some lemon zest for me, while I start on something else?" "Alright, honey."

Dallon rolls his sleeves a little and gets up from his chair, walking over to the kitchen counter and he grabs a lemon and a grate.

"So, what kind of cake are we making?" He asks as he starts on grating the lemon and Brendon shows him the cookbook.

"I'm actually making several cakes because I couldn't choose," he says and Dallon chuckles.

"Of course. How are we gonna eat all of that?" "Well, my parents are staying for a few days and I was thinking about giving Patrick a few pieces because he's really busy with the design for our new interior."

Dallon nods and looks at Brendon, who is making a few cups of coffee.

"What cake are we making, besides the lemon meringue cake?" He asks and Brendon turns towards him again.

"An Irish coffee cake." "Sounds good, baby."

Dallon looks at the recipe, to see how many lemon zest he needs.

Brendon giggles a little and looks at Dallon, who looks back at him.

"What?" He asks, looking slightly confused and Brendon just shakes his head.

"Nothing, babe," Brendon answers and he smiles a little.

"Alright..."

After Dallon has enough lemon zest, he washes his hands and looks Brendon, who is putting three pans with batter into the oven.

"Could you maybe make the lemon curd for me?" Brendon asks, as he closes the oven and he looks up at Dallon, who nods.

"Sure. One problem, though." "What is it?" "I don't know how to make that."

Brendon laughs a little and looks at Dallon.

"Well, luckily for you, I have the recipe for you," Brendon says and he hands Dallon another cookbook.

"Alright then. I'll try not to mess this up." "I believe in you, baby."

Dallon reads the recipe and just follows the instructions. When he's finished, he's actually pretty proud of the result and he smiles.

"I actually made very good lemon curd, babe," he says and Brendon turns towards him.

"Let me taste," he says and Dallon gives him a spoon.

Brendon just tries a little and he smiles.

"That's really good! Are you sure you've never made that before?" He asks and Dallon nods.

"I have never learned how to cook, or bake, so this is just pure luck." "It really is good. My mom is gonna like that."

Dallon blushes a little and hides it by looking at the kitchen counter and swiping something off of it.

"I hope she does..." He mumbles and Brendon looks at him, with a slight frown.

"She'll love you. Just like my dad. They're really gonna like you, Dall. Don't worry about that," Brendon says and he squeezes Dallon's hand softly.

"I feel really dumb saying this, but I've never really had a relationship. Definitely not one long enough for me to ever... ever meet someone's parents. So I don't know what to expect," Dallon says, just poking at the lemon curd in front of him with a clean spoon.

"Oh, honey... Don't worry, okay? My parents are really nice and they'll like you because you're a good partner. You care about me and you're there for me when I need you. And that's really all they care about. As long as you treat me right, they're okay with it."

Dallon nods and smiles a little.

"I just want them to like me because I plan on being in your life forever and in that time I don't want your parents to hate me."

Brendon kisses Dallon and when he pulls back, he has tears in his eyes.

"You are absolutely fucking perfect," he says and Dallon shakes his head.

"No, that's you. I love you a lot."

Brendon looks at Dallon and the taller man can see the love in Brendon's eyes.

"I love you too, Dall."