40.

"Dallon, hi."

Brendon just looks from Dallon to the man whose name apparently is Weston, feeling the tension that suddenly hangs in the air.

"So, who's this?" Weston asks when Dallon doesn't say anything and he gestures at Brendon.

"Uhm, this is my boyfriend, Brendon." "Oh, you have a boyfriend now." "Yeah..." "Ahh, congrats. Nice to meet you, Brendon, I'm Weston, Dallon's brother."

Brendon smiles.

"Nice to meet you too."

Weston turns to Dallon again and his face gets annoyed again.

"So, what brought you here?" "I wanted Brendon to know what happened to mom and dad. And I wanted to tell them about him..." "So you can visit them now that they're dead, huh?" "Weston... Please..." "What? It's the truth, isn't it?"

Brendon grabs Dallon's hand, trying to calm him down a little and Dallon looks at him for a second.

"Weston, you know that I regret the things I did and you don't have to bring it all up again. I've tried to apologize, but you wouldn't talk to me." "Fine, I'm sorry. It's just... This is the first time I see you, in 2 years and I don't know why, but all the anger just resurfaced... But I guess we should move forward." "Yeah, we should."

Weston suddenly walks up to Dallon and gives him a hug.

"I missed you, dude. I started reading all those business magazines because you do a lot of interviews and stuff, so I still knew how you were doing." "I missed you too. And you really just could've texted me..." "I was afraid you'd be angry at me."

Weston steps back again and Dallon frowns.

"Why would I be angry? I don't have any right to be." "I don't know. Maybe because I refused to talk to you for 2 years." "Look, you had a reason too, so it's okay. I really forgive you."

Dallon smiles a little and Weston mirrors him before he glances at Brendon and holds the flowers a little tighter.

"So, you guys are going to Maine, huh?" "Yeah, we are. So when are you going back to Utah?" "Somewhere next week, I haven't booked my plane ticket, yet. I just needed to get away from home, I didn't really think before I left."

Dallon nods and grabs his phone.

"I'll pay for your hotel, for another week and then your plane ticket. We'll be back in a few days, so maybe we could talk some more, then." "Yeah, sure. Thanks for paying." "Of course. It's the least I can do. I'll send you the money, okay?" "Yeah. You guys should go now, so you can get to Maine before dark."

After saying bye, Brendon and Dallon walk to the car again and Brendon breathes out softly.

"That was uhm... Pretty uncomfortable," he says softly and Dallon laughs.

"Yeah, indeed. He's normally not like that, though." "That's good because this was pretty awkward for me..." "I'm sorry, baby." "It's okay, you can't help it. And now I met your parents and your brother!" "Yeah, you did."

Dallon smiles and kisses the top of Brendon's head.

"Now, let's go to Maine!"
---
When they get to the house, Brendon goes to look around for a while and then they go to get dinner at a restaurant, nearby.

After dinner, they go back to the house and Brendon sits down on the couch, looking at Dallon, who walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of wine.

"Oh my god, you have wine here?" "I asked one of my assistants to actually restock the fridge and stuff..." "Damn, the luxuries."

Dallon walks back into the living room and hands Brendon a glass, after pouring some wine in it.

"Thanks, daddy," Brendon says, not even thinking of what he's saying and he just rests his head on Dallon's shoulder, as soon as Dallon sits down next to him.

"You still don't know what that does to me, do you?" Dallon asks and Brendon looks up.

"Do you want me to stop?" "Please don't."

Brendon giggles and he kisses Dallon's cheek.

"Okay then. I won't stop."

They just sit in silence for a while, after that and it gives Brendon a few minutes to think.

"Hey, Dall?" "Yeah?" "Thank you for telling me about your parents, you don't know how much I appreciate that. It must have been pretty hard for you." "Of course, baby. You deserve to know the truth. And it was hard, yeah, but I feel a lot better now. You were the first person I told and this weight has been lifted off my shoulders." "That's good."

Dallon kisses Brendon softly, putting his wine on the table.

"I really appreciate you, Brendon, I really do. You showed me what love is, honestly. And having you in my life has made me realize that it's not all about work and I'm allowed to stay home and spend time with the people I love."

Brendon just starts crying and Dallon looks at him in concern, thinking he'd said something wrong.

"I'm sorry, Dall... It's just that not a lot of people say that to me and I just love you so much and I can't even begin to describe how much I appreciate you." "Hey, it's okay, honey. Please don't cry because I will start crying too." "Don't you dare start crying because then I will cry even harder." "And then I will start crying even more."

Brendon giggles a little at that and Dallon wipes his tears away.

"I love seeing that smile of yours, it makes me happy," Dallon says and he smiles too.

"Well, you're the one who makes me smile, so I guess that's good." "Yeah, it certainly is."