01

(Year 2013)

After finishing another episode of After School: Lucky or Not, I briefly gaze at the ticking wall clock. It's almost eleven in the evening.

"I swear this will be the last episode I'm watching." I said to myself. As I continually convince myself that the next episode will be the last episode, I didn't notice that I'm nearing the end of the web drama.

I was about to click on episode 9 when I heard footsteps approaching my room. I immediately placed my phone under the pillow and covered myself with the blanket.

"You should be sleeping by now Lalisa. You still have class tomorrow." My Mom said as if she was certain that I was still awake.

I didn't answer and continued pretending that I was sleeping. And when I heard the creaking sound of the closing door, I abruptly remove the blanket sheet that was covering me.

"I swear this is the last episode. One episode is just fifteen minutes anyway." I whispered to myself while plugging the earphones into my ears.

I finished the web drama as I finish watching the remaining four episodes. I took another gaze at the clock and it was already twelve midnight. I barely even noticed that an hour has passed.

I set my alarm to 6:30 in the morning and placed my phone in the side table. I usually place my alarm as near to my ears as possible since I'm a heavy sleeper.

* * *

I woke up surprised by the loud banging sounds of the door from downstairs. I wanted to go back to sleep when I noticed my phone ringing.

I answered Rosé's call but understand nearly nothing as I was still half asleep.

"Girl, where are you?" Rosé worriedly asked.

"At home." I shortly replied.

"What?! Girl it's already seven!" She said making me anxious.

"But it felt like I just closed my eyes." I said as I look at the wall clock to confirm the time and shit, it was already seven!

"Girl, you stayed up all night again?!" She said mocking me.

"Okay, bye." I ended the call before Rosé even prolong the conversation.

I got my towel then walk straight to the bathroom.

I was almost done bathing when someone knocked on the door.

"Lalisa, after showering, head downstairs to eat." My Mom calmly said as if she wasn't worried that I'm about to be late.

"Mom, why didn't you wake me up?" I said blaming her immediately after I opened the door.

"I kept reminding you yesterday to sleep early but you never listened anyway. So go and be late on the first day of class for you to learn your lesson." She said making me frown.

"Dress up already!" She shouted as I run hurriedly back into my room to dress up and get my things ready for school.

I quickly dashed out of the house as I finished preparing. I didn't even bother saying goodbye to my parents due to my haste.

It was thirty minutes past seven when I reached the classroom. I was drenching in sweat due to the intense heat outside. I was also panting so hard since I've only ran from my house to the school.

I was still catching my breath when the three approached me.

"Buzzer beater." Jisoo greeted.

As I look at the empty teacher's desk, I've realized that I wasn't late.