FIVE ━━ twilight's last gleaming

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ESCAPE POD.

CARTER AND RAVEN had successfully been launched from the Ark and had found themselves floating in space. Their surroundings were breathtaking and the two couldn't help but stare in awe. The windows on the Ark certainly didn't do the scenery justice. Being able to view the stars, see the Earth from a closer perspective made the boy wonder how it's previous inhabitants could be so careless as to ruin it for themselves and others. The view of Earth wasn't at all telling, they couldn't see the problems that came with the planet, all they saw was its beauty.

"Okay" Raven sighed, pressing various buttons on the control panel, "RCS valve open, RCS thrust pressure, good."

"You forgot attitude" Carter quickly interrupted, making her turn to him then let out a smile.

"Attitude, good" She replied as he returned it, "Heat shield good...okay, I think we're set."

The boy looked at her, knowing full well what that meant. He was unsure of whether he was nervous, scared, excited or all three and from the Look Raven gave to him, he knew she felt the same.

"Wow, we're really gonna do this" He breathed out, "We're actually going to the ground."

"Never in a million years did I think that me, a girl from Mecca station, would get an opportunity like this...a chance to save our people" Raven admitted.

"Yeah well, you did it for yourself Rae" He told her, "You and your stupid engineering."

"You think you're so funny don't you" She laughed before scowling.

"Actually I think I'm hilarious" He corrected, "But I am glad we're doing this."

"We get to go down to the ground" Raven started, before putting her hand on the lever, "Together."

"Together" He said as he followed suit.

"Don't let us blow up" Raven muttered.

"Earth here we come" Carter mumbled, more so to himself. And with that Raven kickstarted their descent to the ground.