━━━ part II

━━━━━━━━
PART II
━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CARTER SYDNEY was a resident of the Alpha Station as he was the son of the previous chancellor Diana Sydney. His relationship with his mother was relatively normal, and although he may have not agreed with everything she said and did, she was his mother and he loved her.

He knew that everything she did was for the good of her people and he admired her for it. The way she didn't mind being the subject of hatred as long as her people were alive.

In turn Diana admired her son's understanding of the fact that good for everyone always meant worse for some and that good people didn't make the best leaders as they had to choose between sacrificing their humanity or their people. Albeit she did have some selfish qualities but she was a human being who made mistakes, Carter certainly couldn't resent her for that.

The only thing that separated Carter's world from Elena's was their interests, he went down a biochemical route whereas she immersed herself into the virtual, cyber world. They both held their respective fields with much awe and wonder, which is why it was no surprise to anyone when they, along with Raven engaged in an unofficial battle of the STEM subjects. To see whose was better, was more valued.

Elena and Carter's relationship was strictly platonic, the only teasing done came out of making snide remarks on the other's job. However, this was on the Ark. When the delinquents were sent to the ground, the scenery wasn't the only thing that changed. So when Carter and Raven crash landed on the ground, the three called an indefinite truce, in the hopes of putting their expertise together to ensure the survival of their friends.

In other words, the events of what happened on the ground forced Elena to change the way she went about everything. The main event being the death of her dear friend Wells Jaha. Unbeknownst to her, she'd soon have someone who would know exactly what she was going through as shortly after the arrival of Carter and Raven, the exodus ship carrying Diana Sydney crashed, leaving no survivors and a 19 year old boy orphaned.

Death, a concept associated with the end of something was ultimately the birth of a relationship between two feuding
individuals.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━