"I guess you are right." He rubbed the nape of his neck. "I guess I should have seen the bigger picture and figured out that you are quite a philosophical person," he teased, eyeing me. I playfully nudged his shoulder. 

"Serves you right for judging," I laughed, loving the feeling of finally being able to joke around and be happy with my husband. This moment...these epiphanies and understandings, this is what I wanted. The past could finally stay in the past now. 

"You know it's been quite some time since I have felt this relaxed. Today has turned out to  be quite different."

"Is that a good different?" I smiled, making him slowly nod; his reservation and fears still at bay. 

"Yes," 

"Sweet," I spoke, not knowing what else to say. This small confession made me feel warm and happy. 

Swinging my legs more energetically now, I fidgeted as another thought came to my mind. 

"Umm...Demir, will it be fine if we go and visit Madam Geena after this?"

"Sure." He nodded, making me smile and lean the left side of my head against his shoulder. 

This moment, with the sun sinking before us, was beautiful. 

***

"You know she adored you...loved you enough to fight with me," Demir spoke, taking a small sip of his black coffee. 

I nodded. "I do, and that is one of the reasons I allowed her to demand me to marry you," I confessed, fidgeting. "Madam Geena would never want me to suffer."

"She forced you?" Demir looked aghast, quickly eyeing Madam Geena who was lying on the hospital bed in a state of comatose. It was old age that had become the reason behind Madam Geena's fallen health. 

The day I found out that Madam Geena had fallen into a deep coma was the day when Demir married me. It was painful...devastating. Madam Geena had always been my mentor-someone who helped me get settled and struggle for my dreams-and seeing her fall had been heartbreaking. I couldn't wait for the day she woke up again. She had to. I really missed her. 

"No," I shook my head. "She asked me to help her, and I just couldn't say no." I leaned back against my chair, staring at the ceiling. The hospital fan was wooden and newly polished. 

Madam Geena had been admitted to one of her hospitals, so her treatment was extraordinary. Her room seriously seemed like a seven-star hotel room. Even the chairs placed next to the bed (currently occupied by Demir and me) felt like cushioned balls. It was extraordinary. 

"Hmm...I guess Nano knew what she was doing," Demir spoke thoughtfully, making me look up at him.

"Huh-"

"Never mind." He stood up, straightening his jacket. "I think it's time we fly back home."

***

Sharing warm smiles and pounding hearts, Demir and I had the family driver pick us up from the airport and drive us back to the mansion. There were exciting mixed emotions shared as we drove back home. One minute, I would smile warmly at Demir, yet, the very next moment, awkwardness would fill up our bubble. It felt like everything was new now; new beginnings...a new start of sweet cliches. 

Learning about each other's side of the story also helped establish some sort of a bond. I now felt like Demir's mysterious personality had a whole new dimension. My brooding husband wasn't just a sad workaholic, but he actually had a sense of humour, a soft spot for children, yearned for family bonding and was deeply hurting over so many betrayals. In fact, he was just as lost as me.