How rude!

"I am alright, really," Demir lowly chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "In fact, I have something that can really cheer these little ones." He then moved to meet my gaze. 

"What?" Saad and his little crew asked.

Demir just allowed a small smirk to fall on his face

***

"You are the owner of The 'Le Fill' cafe?!" I gasped. 

"Yes."

"It's like such a huge international brand."

"It has gained quite some fame."

"Some fame? Dude, this is huge." 

"I suppose." Demir suppressed a tiny smile, as I sat next to him on the 'Le Fill' cafe's main terrace, allowing my legs to dangle in mid-air. There was hardly any fence framing the main terrace, so we were in quite some danger, but the view before us was worth it; mountains overshadowed by the evening sun. 

Serene silence finally settled between us. 

"I had this cafe built when I was furious at my father handing over the family islands to his other family. I had spent my childhood on those islands. I didn't want to lose them." Demir finally broke the silence, staring off at the faraway mountains. 

"Other family?" I turned to give him a confused look. 

"Hammad and Behlul aren't really my cousins," he gave me a bitter smile. "My father fell for some poor worker and chose to marry her. Hammad and Behlul are my half-brothers. While my father left the family business and mafia work under my control, he gifted the islands to his other sons. Those islands were something I had wanted, but my father wanted to give Hammad and Besir something pure and full of family memories. So even though, I was the next King in line, Hammad and Behlul were chosen instead."

"Demir, I-" I tried to verbalize my reaction. This was huge. This was big. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So Samiya Begum had once been wronged by her husband. That tough and powerful woman had once felt so low in her life. Unbelievable. And to think she was doing the same to me now felt depressing. 

How could one woman make another woman feel similar wounds?

Also, this discovery explained so much. So this was the reason why Samiya Begum and Sonia despised me. I belonged to the same status as the woman who made the main man of their family betray his vows. It felt heartbreaking.

"It doesn't matter, anymore." Demir shook his head, closing his eyes for a second. "The reason I am telling you this is because I want you to understand that my family hasn't really dealt with anyone from a mediocre background, except for the woman who made my father betray. It makes us think in a somewhat biased manner."

"I understand-"

"But I am someone who never enjoyed the stiff and materialistic vibes always surrounding me," he spoke, ignoring me completely. "They suffocate me. Today, I started by showing prejudice because of my superficial biases. But, to be honest, your family warmth is something I have found quite admirable. Those moments were just something money can't buy, and I hope you know you are incredibly lucky to belong to such a home." His voice turned slightly wistful, making me frown. 

"I always thought that money was the answer," I spoke, staring at my fingers. I had to earn happiness for my family. Stress pangs, the worrying over bills...money had made my family finally enjoy the simple joys of life. 

"Trust me, it isn't." He gave me a sad smile.

I shook my head, staring off into the distance. "It's easy to say that when you have loads of cash to fill your pockets. The rich class don't get money in desperation. You folks don't get how desperate and frustrated one feels when his family is starving on the roads. I guess it's the need for balance that most people don't understand. People just need to stop judging others before seeing the bigger and bitter picture."