𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

OH GOD, THANK THE HEAVENS. Seraphina thought as she walked beside Lucas. She knew she can't lie her way in the police station, maybe she can, but her conscience won't let her lie for her whole mortal life and she definitely didn't want to be that man's (also known as Charlie, he inroduced himself,) foster child, no offense for the old man, she can feel that there's a lot on his plate right now and judging from the distance and how he and her daughter talked, she decided she didn't want to meddle with them.

The trees in the forest danced slightly with the wind as it blew hard again. Seraphina didn't say anything to Lucas, instead she tried to digest her new found environment. Forks wasn't the type of town where light shined always, it was cloudy, and it looked like rain was threatening to spill all the time. The town was small, in a way that everyone knew everyone, that's why it was easy to find a fresh face, and if she was being honest, this wasn't too bad.

On the other hand, God has his own way of surprising Seraphina. It was inside the interrogation room, the questions were tiresome, and not to mention repeated. She knew the strategies of the police, thinking this type of technique would eventually break her and tell her what she really was doing here, thinking she was a lost spy from another country, probably Asian.

But no, this wasn't a movie nor a fairytale. There were no spies. She knew they were here because of work, maybe a small part of the people there thought she'd really release anymore information regarding on how she really got there. The appearance of Seraphina didn't exactly help the people inside of the police station, with the growing number of animal attacks. And it wasn't really proper if she told them she fell out of the sky.

The moment another officer excused the Chief from interrogating Seraphina was the time that she finally released the breath she didn't know she was holding. She didn't want to live a life where her foundation is a lie. Indeed, she was a sinner, now a mortal as a consequence, but she is still half angel. Lies and sins still and will take a toll on her.

She fiddled with her fingers, patiently waiting, enjoying the silence, it's not as if she had any choice left. She knew she needed to be careful on the information she said, what story can she say left? Hypnotizing people isn't exactly her power, and there was no other dumb excuse she could say especially when they knew she has an amnesia.

On the other hand, Charlie sighed in relief. Maybe the Heavens where doing the good work since someone has been looking for a teenage girl who was wearing a white lace dress, with a golden brown hair, whose name is also Seraphina. "May I know who you are and what is your relation with the girl you're looking for?" Charlie asked nicely, standing straightly in front of the boy while crossing his arms.

"Oh, she's my sister, her name's Seraphina. We just moved here and she has temporary amnesia, and this is the last place I've visited since I've looked all over town." Lucas said smoothly, tapping on the board like he's been looking for her, and hoping Seraphina was there. He needed to know if she was there since no other person was going to save her dumb ass in the police station.

Charlie's eyebrows knitted as he stared at the boy who looked pretty young to move in Forks only with his sister, "You say 'I've', so you just moved in with your sister. And if you don't mind me asking, how did she had temporary amnesia?"

Lucas gave a half smile to Charlie before explaining, almost forgetting the fact that the mortal was a police officer and will ask a lot of question, "Our house here was originally our grandmother's, and we were supposed to live with our mother here, but she's out there living the life she wanted with her boyfriend, and since I'm 19 years old, I'm now Seraphina's legal guardian."

"Meanwhile, the temporary amnesia was caused by a emotional trauma, also adding the physical trauma after a car accident we had in Philippines, our home country." Lucas explained, really hoping Charlie would bite into the lies he had just said. He hoped it all wasn't for vain.

Charlie nodded, sinking in the information he has gathered and decided it all makes sense. Why the golden brown haired didn't remember anything, and why she was wandering alone. It was a good thing his daughter pushed her to stop the car and help her, or else his conscience would be killing him right now.

"I'll just call her."

"Wow." Seraphina said to her brother in amazement, he really did her a favor by getting her out there. "Thanks, Lucas." She said wholeheartedly as she messed his brown hair.

"Stop it, Ares." Lucas rolled his eyes playfully while fixing his hair, "By the way, you're staying mortal, at least half mortal. You know Angels can't sin, Seraphina." Lucas said, putting his hands on the pocket of his jeans while walking inside their magically built house.

Looking around, it was pretty pleasant. It screamed modern with some glass doors, black and white paint on the walls, and the modern technology that they were surrounded in.

"I'm not staying mortal, I'll find a way." Seraphina confidently said, not thinking of this as a permanent punishment, but a temporary one. She laid down on the couch while closing her eyes. This day was definitely tiring, and not to mention, everything was literally out of plan.

And Seraphina wasn't exactly spontaneous.

Lucas chuckled at the confidence of her sister while getting a glass of water, "You know you're really lucky that I chose to spend this mortal life with you, I can't believe I was this stupid. But oh well, the things I do for you, dear sister. At least we'll spend our human lives as a fresh start."

Seraphina bolted up, there wasn't any tone of joking in Lucas' voice. She denied everything in her head, has she really gone overboard in Heaven? This only means they have to start in scratch, and that means, more lies. She honestly thinks she can't handle any more, but it was necessary. Now, she can't think of how mortals do this on a daily basis, lie to their parents, friends, love ones. It was a tad confusing, and she didn't had time to understand it. Adding to it, Lucas seems to find this information he was spitting fine. Like it was just a vacation.

The golden brown haired was nervous, she didn't really know how to survive being a human despite watching all their stupidity all their life. Though she really has a power of taking one's emotion or feelings, plus the power to move things, which she hasn't exactly mastered yet.

This was indeed a punishment.

It was really what she deserved and she knew it, but she didn't expect for it to be a lifetime. She didn't have any thoughts against it, but she wished she planned better. How to be a normal 17 year old girl, and how to live with her annoying brother.

"I'm going upstairs, tomorrow I'll be working for a hospital." Lucas said, getting an apple that was on the marble table, "And you'll be going to school the day after tomorrow. Practice interacting with mortals, and work on your face." Lucas reminded before going upstairs, leaving Seraphina more confused than ever.

What the heck was wrong with her face?