"Oh shit." He said surprised.

I used the tip of my tongue to feel the little sliver of wood and once I found it I began to suck.

"Uh...Harper" he rasped.

And in no time I had removed it from his finger, and then I removed my mouth from around his finger before I removed the little shard of wood from my tongue, "See, easy." I said finally looking up at him.

His eyes were blacked out and he was breathing heavily.

I knew he had to be turned on, but I wanted to tease him a little now since I saw I could so easily get rise out of him.I moved and got some of the wood for the fire and ignored him as I began walking back toward the house. "You coming handsome?"

_____

Once we finally got settled into the house Braxton got a call and had to retreat to the office, I decided to get more comfortable so I went up to the bedroom, kicked off my shoes, and grabbed one of my books.

"I'm sorry about that gorgeous," Braxton sounded as he entered the room, "an Alpha's work is never done."

"Are we going back home?"

He gave me a soft smile, "no, just talking plans for the restoration of one of the local parks."

Now I smiled, "that sounds so generous."

Braxton shrugged nonchalantly, "parks are suppose to be a fun and a safe place for families, and I noticed some of the parks around town could use a bit of sprucing up...mostly lighting so they are so dark. " He had managed to get into the bed with me as he spoke, "so what are we reading."

I showed him the cover, "it's only one of my favorites, do you know it?"

"Does the movie count?" He asked with a grin as I shot him a look.

"The book is always better." I pointed out.

"Well then gorgeous, why don't you read to me."

I settled into his side and found the spot in which I had left off. "If our impulses were confined to hunger, thirst, and desire, we might be nearly free; but now we are moved by every wind that blows and a chance word or scene that that word may convey to us."

"Hmm..."

"What" I asked, perhaps this story isn't for everyone.

"Nothing, it's just..." He suddenly rounded on top of me, "I'm kind of confining my own impulses at the moment" he said before he brought his mouth down on mine.

The intensity of the kiss grew, and mixed with the beautiful tingles from the mates pull I melted into his every caress, my mouth ached for his lips when they went astray to my neck. Small moans poured out of me as Braxton masterfully handled me and before I knew it my dress was being tossed to the floor.

I watched eagerly as Braxton removed his top and began to once more ravage my mouth with his cool tongue massaging mine before I took his bottom lip between my teeth.

A low growl emitted from his chest and strangely it aroused me further.

My hips moved on their own as my cloth covered core rubbed his growing manhood.

Then he sat up on his knees, "so stunning" Braxton whispered as he looked down upon my body, only my undergarments keeping me from being fully exposed.

Normally I would have tried to hide under the blanket or tell him to stop looking at me, but there was something about the way he looked at me; it was something carnal and full of lust and love all in one, that I truly felt as beautiful as he says.

As his eyes raked over body I knew I wanted him, and he seemed to want me just as much.

He took my hand into his "Harper, I think I Lo-...WHAT IS THAT?" He growled.

The moment was gone, I'm pretty sure Braxton was about to confess his love for me and I know I would have, in that moment, given myself fully to him as I confessed my own love for him, but something ruined it.

I followed his eyes and my own went wide as I finally saw what he was looking at.

'Shit'

"Harper, those are fucking fingerprints on your arms!" He sounded angrily.

It was the bruises that Patrick had left on me when he had grabbed my arms harshly only the night before. I dreaded to know what my back looked like or worse, how Braxton would react to seeing more than one bruise on me.

__________
A/N:
The section in which Harper reads to Braxton is from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, MY personal favorite story :).