25

"Our Alpha will return, and when he does then he'll let you know if it's safe for you all to return to your homes." Ryder said with finality.

The crowd knew he was finished talking and they insanely began to move around and talk amongst themselves worriedly. When Ryder went to move so did I.

"Harper, I've got to go to the office and wait for Brax to call or come back."

I nodded and he began walking, when he sensed that I was still behind him he stopped and turned around to face me, he placed his hands into my shoulders ever so gently and sighed, "I'm sorry Harper, but non-pack members aren't allowed in the office...it's nothing against you personally, please believe that, It's just...well there's a lot of sensitive material in there that could harm us all if found in the wrong hands, no offense or anything."

I nod once more, "rules are rules right?" I smirked, He gave me his own slight smirk before he nodded and turned to make his way into the office.

I tried my hardest to find a place to hide so I can call Ellie, I go up the stairs (remembering Braxton had mentioned that some of the bedrooms were spares) I knock on a couple of doors but all the ones I tried were locked.

"Now what's a weak little human like you doing here?" The all too familiar voice asked.

I began to panic.

All the confidence I had gained from my four years of high school and being with Braxton had melted away instantly and I suddenly became that small, weak, little girl who was nothing once more.

He jerked my shoulder roughly and pushed me extremely hard, my back slammed against the wall and I knew I would be bruised tomorrow.

"I asked you a question." He growled.

"Hey!"

The sound of a voice coming from down the hall caused us both to turn.

"What in the hell do you think your doing?" The vaguely familiar man said.

"I'm just trying to figure out why there's a human in the pack house, doing my part to protect the pack really." Patrick said cooly.

"If she's here she's more than likely someone's mate."

Patrick looked at me and laughed, then he asked me, "are you really someone's mate?"

All I could do was nod as that familiar hatred seeped through his eyes, my back throbbing with pain still.

"Fine then, who?" Patrick now demanded as he grabbed the front of my sweater and began shaking me back and forward, my head shaking dangerously.

"It doesn't matter who it is, the fact that she's someone's mate is reason enough to step away before you get hurt, you saw her standing with Beta Ryder." The man stated.

"There's no way in hell someone so weak and pathetic as you managed to pull Beta Ryder as your mate." Patrick sneered, his distaste for me clearly evident. "He's of Alpha's blood...and you're going to tell me you're with him?"

I suddenly found my voice, "Ryder isn't my mate."

"Like I said, it doesn't matter who her mate is, move away from her before I report this back to the Beta right now."

Patrick released my shirt. Never had he been told to back down, and now I know why.

It all made sense now, he was able to get so many people to bully me because everyone (not just myself) was scared of him, because he's a wolf and some part of them knew better than to cross him. Why he chose me as his victim is beyond me.