12

Braxton's POV:

---

I was on the phone with my Uncle Richard (Elise's father), of course he inquired about the girls, and I told them they were having fun and I was watching after them.

Then we got into pack troubles, apparently a couple of girls were found dead in the exact same woods that the LMP party had taken place.

Neither my wolf or I was happy about this.

I was angry that someone was breaking pack laws and killing humans, my wolf was concerned because our mate had been there, what if something had happened to her.

I need to get with Harper soon because I will definitely need to mark her for her own safety as well as mine and my wolfs sanity.

Then he brought up the pack mixer, I sighed.

"What, don't you want to find a mate Alpha?" He asked.

The pack mixer is where all the single pack members come out in hopes of bumping into their mate, as the Alpha and Beta that meant both Ryder and I would have to attend regardless.

"I've already found my mate Uncle Rich." I confessed.

"Congratulations, when will you be introducing her to the pack?"

I looked up at the closed restroom door, the water had just shut off. "As soon as I tell her all about us, she's human."

"Oh, I see."

I sighed, "have my mom and aunt Becky set up the mixer i'll iron out all the details when I get home tomorrow."

He went on about this and that but as I heard the small click of the bathroom door open I looked up.

Every time I look at my mate nothing else matters, I can't hear anything except her heartbeat, I can't see anything except her.

"Alpha...Braxton?"

"Yes I'm still here." I replied as I stopped staring at Harper and went back to my conversation.

I quickly signed into my netflix account as I continued listening to the current concerns of the pack.

Harper walked over and took a seat next to me.

I hate that my shirt is so large and baggy on her, it completely hides her beautiful figure, but I also had to keep the temptation at bay or I would end up mating her before she was ready.

I handed her the remote and mouthed the words 'pick a movie.'

I paid no mind as she flipped through the various titles and genres as my uncle went back to the subject of the dead girls.

"Do you think it could be the Rogues?"

I hoped not, there hadn't been a Rogue on our land since my dad became Alpha of the pack back when he was a couple of years younger than I am now.

"I don't know...but it's plausible and makes the most sense." I replied as I turned and looked at Harper, my lovely mate. I prayed for her sake that their weren't any rogues on my land or so help me I would make them suffer if they came anywhere near her.

I continued staring at her, her skin looked so soft and mixed with her amazing scent I just wanted to reach out and stroke her cheek. She turned and caught me looking at her, she blushed then looked back at me, she was silently asking me if the movie she picked was alright so I mouthed the word 'play' and she did.

"If there is a rogue we should inform the pack, but I suppose we can keep it quiet for now." He said

"Make sure the perimeters are checked and free of any unwelcome company."