Chapter 18 // Gulity Happiness

Start from the beginning

I wake up and it's 6am in the morning. I got up and took a shower and brushed my teeth, considering that I didn't even brush my teeth last night. I got dressed and ate breakfast then left to go school. On my way to school I see someone familiar, oh my gosh. It's Johnson. I parked my car and ran out to Johnson "JOHNSON". He turned around "Marissa ! How are you !". "I'm good but why weren't you at school and answering my calls ? I was worried, I thought you like died or something". "Didn't Jack tell you?". "No". "Oh okay. He must of forgotten, well I was ju-"."don't worry, I'm glad your here now. Do you want a ride to school?"."ah sure".

On our way to school I just updated him on the things that happened while he was away. "So yea.."."wow, I've missed a lot"."so Johnson, who are you gonna bring to prom ?". "I don't know, I probably won't go.."."what! No you should come Johnson!"."nah, I'm not really bothered and plus Jack and Angela are going to be there so yea..". "Oh okay, but just call or text me if you ever change your mind yea?". I said parking my car in the school parking lot. "Yea, I'll make sure I will" Johnson said smiling as we both got out of the car. "I'll see you later Johnson, bye" giving him a friendly goodbye hug and walking off looking for Shawn until I bumped into someone... Jack.

Jack came closer towards my face looking at me in the eye. "I'm just going to tell you this, even if I told you this countless of times but I feel the need to repeat myself, Shawn is going to break you're crummy little heart". "Haven't you already ? Just because I love Shawn, it doesn't lessen how much I care for you" I walking off as the bell rang and of course he stood there in shock. Why is Jack like this ? His so unpredictable.

I really wasn't bothered looking for Shawn, his probably in class already. I walked into class and dazed off ignoring what my teacher said, I really didn't care at the moment, I just want this day to past and graduate so I can finally be at peace.

The bell rang as I packed my bag and walked the out classroom seeing Shawn. "Hey Marissa, ready for prom !! Hurry and go home and get dressed, I'll pick you up at 6" Shawn said with a big happy smile across his face. "Sure sure, I'll see you later yea ? Bye Shawn" I said smiling back. He kissed me on the forehead and waved goodbye as I walked of to the school parking lot and entering my car then driving off back home to get ready. It was only 3:45pm and that is a short period of time for me to get ready, I quickly hopped in the shower then dried myself off. I walked out of the bathroom with the towel around my body and grabbed my makeup bag and did my makeup, it took a lot of man hours to properly wing my eye with eyeliner and not mess it up. Once I was done with my makeup, I plugged in my hair dryer to dried up my hair then I curled it. I then got a text from Johnson.

"Hey Marissa, I'm sorry but I decided not to go to the dance.."

"Ngaw Johnson :("

"It's okay !! :D Im just gonna relax, watch some movies and eat pizza. Perfect"

"AHAHA Johnson. You tend to amuse me"

I walked over to the dress and pair of heels Shawn gave me and put them on, I looked in the mirror and was actually proud of myself for pulling this dress off. I grabbed my phone and checked the time and it was already 5:58pm, I quickly grabbed the first purse I saw and put both my emergency money and phone in.

I quickly ran out the room trying to keep my balance, considering I was wearing heels. I locked the door and took the elevator down to the first floor seeing Shawn in a tux next to a limo. "Shawn, really? You didn't have to rent a limo" I laughed. "What? It's good riding in high class once and a while, and hush, you look very stunning I must say" he winked. "Thank you Shawn, you look very handsome yourself". He smiled and held his hand out. "Well come on, lets go!" He said in excitement. I laughed and held his hand as we entered the limo as the limo driver gave us a strange but yet a very serious look then drove off to the school dance. During the ride, I felt the guilt.. My heart starting palpitating faster and faster. Why did I have to think about this now? "Marissa, is everything okay?"."yea, everything's fine" I smiled.