Chapter 1

Arianas POV

I bet everyone thinks im so lucky to have Luke Hemmings as my brother.. Well guess what? Im not lucky at all, infact it is the complete opposite of being lucky. 

I dont understand why he hates me so much, most siblings say they hate eachother but they actually love eachother, I wish that was the same with me and Luke, He hates me. Not sibling hate but enemy hate, I have done nothing to him that I can recall but it must have been something bad if hes treating me so badly.

Usually your siblings would stick up for you if your being bullied right? Wrong. 

Infact that statement is very wrong, Luke is the one that bullies me and causes me to cry frequently, my mum and dad are rarely home most nights leaving me and Luke alone, sometimes we may have the occasional company of one of his friends but his friends bully me aswell. 

Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum cause me day to day pain and suffering, if I wasnt related to Luke I would be able to get away from it all when I came home but instead it has to follow me home because he lives here, Ive begged to move out or move in with some other family relative but its always denied. 

Luke has seen me in all states but being happy is very rare, I have no friends at school because my brother and his "group" are so popular, everyone is afraid to speak to me because if one of them sees them speaking to me then they will get bullied aswell, just not at the same standard as me. 

Theres only a few things Luke hasnt seen, My dry skin in a morning from constant crying all night long, my scarred wrists, my scarred stomach and my scarred thighs. He doesnt know about me self harming, and to be honest I dont want him to know, whenever mum is home and I come home crying Luke will act like hes been trying to make me smile all day, he would say I fell over or something if any bruises became obvious.

He is a good actor.. Whenever I have to sit near him at a family meal or something I will make no contact with him at all, he will put his arm around me and pull a fake smile to make it believable that he isnt hurting me frequently.

Recently, it has gotten a lot worse, today I was sitting at the front in English and everytime the teacher got distracted or turned away they would hurt me in some way, Kick my chair, throw something at me say something to hurt my feelings. They would notice the frequent tears and they would laugh, it makes me sick that I have to be related to him. 

Ashton and Calum tripped me up in the hallway making me slam into the hard ground and my books go flying everywhere, everyone would watch me being humiliated yet nobody would stop them or help me up, instead I scramble around the hallways grabbing my things literally every day and try to keep away from them but they always seem to find me. 

I want all of this to stop, I dont know why it began in the first place and everytime I try to ask he will hurt me again and tell me to shutup before his fist connects with my jaw or some body part he targeted. 

My phone began to ring snapping me out of my thoughts, who would ring me? nobody likes me, I know that so Luke can stop reminding me. 

I answered nervously. "H-hello.." I muttered, "Hey slut." A familiar voice sounded through the phone, "Hi Calum.." it almost came out as a whisper "Is Luke home?" he asked sounding less annoying. "Yeah but I cant go to him, he told me to not bother him.." I sighed, "Go to him and tell him to answer his phone!" he sounded infuriated, I gulped and went to Lukes bedroom, I hesitated before knocking on the door. 

He swung it open harshly, "What did I say about bothering me?" He screamed and his fist collided with my cheek, everything became blurry before I fell to the ground and it all became black. 

Lukes POV

"Ariana! Answer me!" a voice echoed, I looked at her limp body and reached over to grab her phone which had been hurled across the hallway, "Who is this?" I asked quickly. "Luke, I phoned Ariana to tell you to answer your phone and then I heard a bang and a scream" a voice I recognised as Calums replied. "Oh, Im sorry, I told her not to bother me and clearly she disobeyed, so I hit her and shes knocked out." I smirked to myself, "Okay, good. Answer your phone." He replied before hanging up.

I placed her phone by her side and slammed my bedroom door and blasted my music once again, I smirked remembering what had just occured a few minutes ago. 

To Ash, Mike and Cal

Come over, free house! bring pizza and no people. Ariana can fuck off:) 

I instantly got replys and smirked to myself as I combed my hair and quiffed it again, I sprayed some lynx and switched my speakers off and headed downstairs. 

Arianas POV

My eyes fluttered open quickly and I looked at my phone. 18:30pm. I have been out for atleast an hour, I felt a constant throbbing pain across my cheek, I scrambled to my feet and headed to the bathroom, I locked the door and stared at the obvious bruise smothering my small face. 

I splashed my face with some water to get rid of the blood and disinfected it quickly, I washed my hands and dryed them on a towel, I headed back to my bedroom and closed the door, I pushed open the window to let some air into my room, I noticed a familiar car outside. Michaels.

I gulped at the thought of 4 of my bullies are probably downstairs right now discussing ways they can hurt me and humiliate me even more. 

I pulled open the drawer beside my bed and rummaged through until I found my blades, I pulled it out immediately and slammed it against my skin and dragged it across my wrist a few times until the blood began to trickle out gently. The familiar pain soon faded as I was now used to it and I felt slightly better to harm myself which melted away any negative thoughts I had of today. 

The warm blood rolled down my wrists. I wiped the blade clean and hid it again in my drawer, I wiped my wrists to get rid of the blood which trickled down my wrists frequently. I pulled my sleeves down and opened my book and began to read, I heard footsteps travelling up the staircase, I began to shake uncontrollably and I feared whoever it was.

"Look at the nerd reading" Michaels sarcastic voice sounded through my bedroom, I sighed and carried on reading, "dont ignore him!" Calum spat. Luke ripped the book out of my hands and chucked it to Ashton who began to read the title in some stupid obnoxious voice. My hands were shaking as I sat uncomfortably on my bed, Michael was the kindest out of them, he didnt physically hurt me, he just called me a few names when Luke was with him.

Michael noticed me shaking as Luke approached me, I forced my eyes shut and put my head in my hands waiting for his strong fist to hurt me, when it didnt come I looked up foolishly, his fist connected with my other cheek causing me to fall off of the bed sideways.

I pressed myself up against the wall and I was curled up in a ball when I felt myself being kicked repeatedly in the sides, "Ashton, you take care of this" Luke demanded as they filed out of the room, I feared Ashton and Calum equally.

I looked up at him when the kicking suddenly stopped, he looked down at me with pity in his eyes, I was confused because he had stopped hitting me and shouting nasty comments at me.

Instead he took my shaky hand and helped me to stand up.