Why you trippin' (Chapter 4)

It was Saturday afternoon in October, 2011. It was fall season in Texas but it was still fairly warm out. But that didn't stop Texans from breaking out the fall gear 73 degree weather and they were in sweaters and boots.

De'Angelo walked into the house without knocking per usual. Koo was laying on the couch in the den talking to some little girl on the phone as always.

They dapped each other up and Koo pointed toward the back.

De'Angelo stood in the door way of the bathroom watching Kat in her booty shorts dance to

"can't get enough" by J.cole while curling her hair she was rapping and dancing and when she turned around and saw De'Angelo she damn near jumped out her skin.

"Gah damn it Angelo didn't I tell ya black ass to quit creepin up in here."

Koo walked by "Yeah baby I miss you too. Nah I don't even know who the fuck Kim is."

He said in the phone cheesing.

Kat smacked his arm.

"Lil nigga what I tell you bout letting him up in here. And get off the phone with them nappy head ass fast ass girls!"

he put his hand over the phone so the girl couldn't hear him

"man mama chill this a new recruit." He walked into his room.

De'Angelo laughed, Kat didn't.

"When are you going to talk to him?"

"Soon" he responded still intensely watching her.

"Why yall aint ever hook up?" Koo asked now off the phone and watching them.

The question took them by surprise.

"The fuck Raja?!" Kat said looking disgusted.

De'Angelo laughed

"I tried man... hard, back in high school, yo mama wasn't tryna hear dat shit. She was bout them dollars."

"Shit woulda been weird as hell anyway." Koo spoke up.

"Yall trippin." Kat left to get dressed.

When she came back both the boys were in the bathroom mirror brushing their thick black waves. She smiled.

"You chocolate niggas getting worse than the yellas."

"Mama, tell this nigga I got better hair than him." Koo boasted

"yeah right." De'Angelo said rubbing his waves now with his hand.

"You got yo mama's hair so yes baby its better." Kat teased

"see nigga" Koo punched De'Angelo big cut muscular arm.

Kat admired it and all of his many tattoos he had gotten over the years. Time had been good to him he looked amazing.

"Plus you balding right here bro." Kat said placing her finger on his thick head of hair close to the front

"HAAA!" Koo teased

"Girl, you done tripped out, where!?" he leaned into the mirror to get a better look

"oh my bad that's just grays"

Koo was in stitches.

De'Angelo twisted up his mouth.

"Man you a hater, you know my grays look good."

He wasn't lying Kat loved his small premature gray streak in his coal black hair, even in his beard...the salt n pepper shit worked for him.

"welp I gotta go." Kat said applying lip gloss