Waiting

Dinner was tense. James could tell something was wrong, "Did something happen today girls? You seem irritated."

I jumped in before Anne could, "We couldn't fairly divide the chores, it was a bit tense."

I didn't want her to say my plan, and she didn't want me to tell James she didn't think he loved her.

"Are you being honest?" Charles asked, looking me in the eyes.

"You think Mom would lie about that?" Noah asked.

"No, he's just making sure his wife is telling the truth," James said, "As I am doing with mine. Anne?"

"Yes?" She asked sweetly.

"Is Marilyn telling the truth?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Thank you for being honest ladies."

"Yes, James." Anne smiled.

James smiled at Charles, "We'll, I've been looking at that house. Noah is ready for a wife in summer, but I want you to come see it with me."

Anne's eyes darted to me, then back to her son. Her eyes were filled with fear, as much as she might hate James, she loved her son.

"Okay, did you want to do that this weekend?" Charles asked, absentmindedly putting a slice of meat onto my plate. I nibbled it slightly, feeling nauseous because I knew where it came from, and the process to get it. I forced myself to swallow.

James nodded, clearing his throat, "Yes. Noah will stay here, no point in doing work that day."

"We can play games." Anne smiled at her son.

Noah rolled his eyes, and almost scoffed, but James shot him a look. Anne happily continued eating, and I felt my power grow.

~

When Charles was supposed to leave, he started giving me strict instructions, "You're to clean, do your chores, and watch them play cards. You aren't to cause any trouble, okay?"

"Yes, Charles." I said in a whisper, trembling as I made eye contact. His scowl disappeared,

"Don't be sad, Marilyn. I'll be home soon. Then we can spend the whole night together." He kissed me long and hard, and I felt myself hugging him back.

As much as I hated Charles, his family got me off the streets. Lowered my chances of getting pregnant. Protected me from crime lords and prostitution rings.

When I escaped I wouldn't go back to that life. I'd find my family, go to the police. I can't be here as long as Anne. I can't be that far gone.

Charles pulled away from the kiss and took me downstairs, where James was waiting, "Ready to go, son?"

"Yeah," Charles responded, letting my hand go and kissing me one last time.

I watched him leave through the barred windows. Noah called me over, "I have to keep an eye on you."

I sat obediently, watching Noah deal cards. He let me look at both him and Anne's deck, and from what I understood, Anne was letting him win. Wouldn't it be best if she taught her sons the value of losing? Noah cheered as he won.

"Maybe I start dinner?" I asked Noah as he delt another hand.

He looked outside, "Dad and Charles just left, stay here for a while."

I nodded, feeling myself drift off as they played game after game. I didn't know I fell asleep until I was being woken up, "Make dinner," Noah said,
spitting onto my face slightly.

I nodded, getting to the kitchen where Anne was waiting. She had me deal with the meat, which I still hated eating. I sliced it and fried it, even though we usually baked it. I added seasoning and took a quick bite, it tasted pretty good. Anne was chopping vegetables and she suddenly turned around, "Falling asleep, like an idiot!"

I harshly whispered back, "Anne, I don't know what's gotten into you."

"You know," Her eyes looked crazed, "I could kill you, right now, and hurt Noah enough to leave. I could find my sister."

"Sister? Anne you know you can't leave." I whispered back, about to leave to set the table. She pressed the knife onto my stomach lightly,

"You best watch your fucking back, I'll kill you before you move out. Charles will get a better girl, a good girl, and we can be happy."

"Get away from me, Anne," I spat back, stepping around her and setting the table, "You know it's inevitable."

~

Charles and James returned late, Noah had been complaining, "Finally! I'm starving!"

James kissed Anne's cheek, "Thank you for waiting."

Charles kissed my lips, "Oh Marilyn, you'll love it. I'll start our own farm, we can have boys, it will be amazing."

I made myself a plate, emphasizing the strip or two of meat I grabbed, "That's wonderful."

"I'm thinking about rewarding you, with a gift, if you're good. Is there something you'd like?"

"A diary. A notebook and pen would do, but just something to write with." I responded, feeling slightly giddy.

"I'll think about it." He responded, hugging me. We ate quickly and went upstairs. Maybe it was the idea of a gift, but I kissed Charles, long and deeply. He grunted softly and pushed me onto the bed, still keeping our lips connected. He caressed my head and held me close, I unbuckled his pants as he removed my shirt.

He laughed slightly, "Oh Marilyn." I loved him saying my name, so I kissed him again as his pants fell to the floor.

It was the first time I had consensual sex with him, and it was amazing.

———
Hello,
I apologize for the short chapter,
but it's a bit slow when the move of Charles and Marilyn is just out of reach. Only one more of these slow chapters tops, and then they move out together!