"Any more clarifications?"

"Um, no sir. Thank you so much, Mr. Petrakis." She was twisting her fingers again. I realized that it was her habit.

I nodded my head, and raised a hand to dismiss her. I saw her stride out of my office. She was about to open the door when she turned around and looked at me again.

"Mr. Petrakis. I know it's not my concern, but I overheard a group of men in the bathroom. They mentioned agreeing to bid for the Japan Shipyard, but only if you would increase their share."

 "What!" I stood up, so surprised by her statement. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. They said that you wanted to get hold of the shipyard because of the gold bars hidden underneath it. "

"Damn those money-sucking idiots!" I groaned angrily. All the time and effort I put in to have them agree to bid on that shipyard and all the while, they only wanted an increase in their share. Bloody hell!

"Um, that's all I've heard... and... and... I have to go." She immediately spun around and left.

Later that evening, I had dinner with Kendra and my family in one of New York's finest restaurants, where delicious international seafood cuisine was served.

I realized, it was a very bad idea for Kendra to meet my family.

What the hell! She was trying too hard to impress my family. She manipulated the conversation, talking about fashion shows, signature bags, shoes, dresses, jewelry and even money; jets and Lamborghinis. Dammit! She even gave the impression that we were seriously having an affair.

I had to get rid of her - I knew her kind: she was the type who would drag me to the altar.

"We met in a party. The moment our eyes met, I knew, he was the right man for me." Kendra held my hand. "Eros is very charming, romantic, and so caring."

"Wow! Are you sure you're talking about my brother?" Chloe, my younger sister frowned at Kendra.

"Chloe, stop it," Mom scolded Chloe. "Your brother can be very romantic too, like your dad."

"I think I just spotted Iñigo enter the restaurant with a beautiful blond," I lied. I knew my sister would freak out by the mention of Iñigo's name. Iñigo was her ex-boyfriend, who broke up with her on her sixteenth birthday, almost four years ago.

"Really? You're kidding me, right?" Chloe was panicking, her face turned pale.

"No. He's coming. He's right behind you," I teased her. I knew she would hate me later.

She turned around and saw no trace of Iñigo behind her. Then she glared at me and mouthed the word: Asshole!

"Chloe! That's a very bad word, so unladylike," my father, Markos Petrakis, said firmly to my sister.

 "What? I haven't said anything." Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Ohhhh, I envy your family. Eros teasing Chloe is so sweet. I wish I had a family like yours," Kendra said, then suddenly she hugged me. "Eros, I can't help it anymore, I have something to say to you, right here, right now. This is very important." She wiped some moisture from her eyes with a table napkin.

"What?  Are you... Oh God!" I was so confused. My heart pounded so fast. What is she trying to tell me? And why is she crying?

I looked at my mom, my dad, and Chloe. They looked so pale, waiting for Kendra to finish what she was saying.

"I'm really happy that your family is here and they will hear what I'm going to say to you."

"Kendra: what are you trying to say?" I was getting so annoyed at her for being such a drama queen.

She inhaled deeply, and tears were pooling in her eyes. "Eros, this will be the first time that I'm going to say this - I've never said this to any man: I'll say this to you, only you. I swear. And I want your family to hear this." She paused and shifted her gaze to each member of my family, then back to me, slowly and very dramatic. "I LOVE YOU EROS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. WITH ALL MY HEART."

I was choked on the wine I was drinking and coughed vigorously. She loves me? Damn it. Love was not part of our arrangement when we started having sex. She was crossing the line! It was just plain SEX between us: no emotions or feelings involved. And what the hell was she thinking, declaring her love in front of my family? What was she trying to do?

"That's it? What else?"

"I love you. Doesn't it mean anything to you? You're the only man I've ever said that to." Kendra's eyes narrowed and her eyebrows were pulled together in a crease.

 Actually, I felt so relieved, as well as my family. I knew we were thinking the same. We thought she would say that she was pregnant. Thanks goodness, she wasn't. She gave us a fright.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" I asked her.

"I want you to admit your feelings for me, too. Tell me, honey, do you love me too?" Her voice purred like a kitten.

 I looked directly into her eyes, and gave her my very honest answer: "NO."