'02

.

      I striked the punching bag back and forth at a quick paste. I was working on my speed even though I was already pretty fast. Speed was very important in this boxing shit. I felt great relief as the punching bag moved in different directions.

"Don't work yourself to hard now Traye, save some of that energy for next week." My coach spoke making me shake my head. Practice makes perfect, couldn't stop now.

I tended to come here when I needed some kind of relief. I was never one to fuck some random girl to get off, so this was kinda like....my girl I guess. Not on no weird shit though. But my hands and arms started to give out making me sigh.

I stopped and grabbed the punching bag to keep it in place. Taking my gloves off I groaned in relief when my my sweaty hands were no longer itching from the gloves.

I had to been punching for about an hour now. I was bored and didn't feel like being at home so I decided why not come to my second home. I was tired like shit but it would eventually all be worth it. I do this for my pops so I was always motivated to keep going. I know he's going to be proud of me when I talk to him. I miss him like crazy but I guess it was all's god plan.

I made my way to the back, going to my locker so I could put my stuff up. I unlocked it and grabbed my black book bag and my hoodie. I put my gloves back in their holding spot making sure to lock my locker back.

I decided to shower when I get home since I had to walk there anyways. Fuck. My body felt like shit. I headed out making sure to tell Coach goodbye before I left. As soon as I exited the building I could feel my phone vibrating silently.

I pulled my bag from off my back reaching for my phone. June😤📅. "What nigga", I spoke when I answered the phone. "Where you at broski!", he yelled making me hold the phone away from my ear. Always was yelling and shit. I placed the phone back to my ear, "On my way home, just coming from the gym".

"Slide thru nigga, we got plans today" he says making me chuckle, considering I knew nothing about these 'plans'. I checked both sides of the street before shaking my head as if I was thinking. "Nawl bro—I need to take a shower and shit", I say as I hear him smack his teeth.

"Bro don't act like you don't know, mi casa, tu casa. But for real though, I need to get a hair cut-", I shook my head tryna see what that had to do with me. "And Zach got this party going on tonight that I figured we can hit up", he continued.

I thought about it before humming, I do need a haircut. "Alright bro, this bitch bet not be lame either". I said, cause every time this nigga say they gotta party going on—that thang don't be hitting—AT ALL! The only reason I go is cause that's my bro—and plus we always wind up leaving as soon as we step foot in.