Chapter 5

For the rest of the time Y/N and Bakugo talked about things that had been going on lately (just in life, in general). They finally reached his house, and he said, "This is my stop, stupid."

She realized he had been calling her "stupid" the whole day. "Stupid? Is that my name for you?" she questioned.

He thought for a moment. "I... I guess so." Bakugo finally said while smiling.

"Did you just s-smile?" Y/N stuttered. That was a surprise! He never ever smiled...

"UH, NO." he screamed, then went inside.

As she walked home, she couldn't stop thinking of the way he smiled

As she walked home, she couldn't stop thinking of the way he smiled. He smiled! At her! He was just so adorable.

As she walked into the house, Y/N yelled, "Anybody home?!" Her dad hadn't been home for three weeks straight now, and mom kept saying he was on a business trip and would be home soon, but no business trip would take three weeks to finish...

Mom appeared in sight. "Hey, sweetie!" she exclaimed, embracing her in a big hug. "So, how was your day?"

"It was... good." Y/N looked over her mom's shoulder, searching for dad. She frowned. "Is... is he here?" Mom frowned too. "Uh, no. No, dad's not here. Sorry, hon."

Y/N waited for her father to come home for such a long time... she started to get angry; steam and a little bit of fire came from her hands.

"Sweetie, are... you okay?" she asked, getting worried. "No, I'm not okay, mom. I'm also not dumb. The average business trip takes 1 to 4 days. It's been three weeks. Just how long are you gonna keep lying to me?! I want to know the truth!"

"I-I, uh, well, it's, um..." she stuttered. "Did you two have a divorce?! Tell me what happened!"

Mom said something under her breath that Y/N couldn't hear. "Speak up." "Dad... he, well, he..." Tears developed in her eyes.

"Died."

The whole world seemed to stop. Y/N stared at her mother with her mouth dropped open for a few seconds.

She felt her face get hot and red with sadness. "He... what? He actually..." Y/N didn't even want to say the word 'died'. It was too much for her to handle.

Dad and her had had such good times together, and now he was just... gone?

She didn't know what to do, so she ran out of the house crying. "Y/N! Honey, please c-come back!" Mom called after her, still crying.

But she didn't come back. Y/N just kept running. Where? She didn't know. She just ran. Y/N was angry and sad at the same time. Her mother had kept a secret from her for three weeks, and an important secret, too. The secret that dad had... died.

She was still running when she looked to the side and saw Bakugo sitting on the steps that led to his door... but Y/N was too angry and upset to walk up to him and have a conversation.

She caught Bakugo's attention. "Y/N!" he screamed. "STUPID!" he screamed at her once more, then she heard the sound of footsteps behind her, and a type of explosion sound.

He must be using his quirk, she thought, starting to lose her breath. Right when she was just about to lose all her breath, Y/N saw Bakugo to her side.

"STUPID, WHY WERE YOU RUNNING AWAY---?" he almost yelled then stopped when he saw Y/N's face. He then asked, "Were you... crying?!" anger still in his voice.

She started sobbing really hard all over again. She fell into his arms and thankfully he caught her, and Y/N didn't realize it but... he was blushing.

Bakugo carried her all the way to his house, but not inside of it

Bakugo carried her all the way to his house, but not inside of it. He set her down lightly on the concrete right in front of his door.

"If I were to bring you inside, my mom would be all over you, and I don't want anybody bothering you." he said softly.

Does he actually care about something for once? Y/N thought, but didn't say anything, just tiny sobs escaping from her mouth.

"So," he began, "if you don't mind me asking, which you shouldn't," He's still trying to seem angry and dangerous, she scoffed under her breath.

"What happened?"