Chapter 2

———————————————————————————————————

  All the nightmares came today / and it looks as though they're here to stay   

————————————————————————————————————

Katniss 

I would say I woke up, but that's not what I do. I rip my body away from the warm haven that is sleep, forcing my eyes open to a world that is worse than the one I exited. I am in a different room, cell I should say. In what seems to be a sort of grey hospital gown, and I am lying on cold white marble, the stone leeching all the remaining heat from my body. I try to stand up, leaning heavily on the freezing wall, my head spins and the ground lurches underneath my feet like the swing my father once made for me. I keep my feet, but only just.

Before I can assess more than the fact that I am in a square room, with white marble on all sides, a part of the wall comes towards me, I stagger back, falling over. But it stops and swings around, it's a door.

I try to regain my feet but even that slight shock seems to have put my brain into spiralling mode, I struggle to pick out the hazy figure coming through the door. It is not President Snow, no, the president has other things to do now that his system is collapsing. Fooling the districts into believing that everything is alright, is under control, that the rebels are weak and wrong and so am I.

The figure advances towards me, as it comes closer I can make out details. It's a man, his lower face, the part that I can see under the helmet clean shaven, but no growth at all, like a child's. He is dressed in all light black armour, like a peacekeeper's, but eerily different and somehow more frightening. He steps forward and lifts me roughly, his arms under my knees and head, he carries me quickly and not at all gently out of the cell.

It feels strange and oddly violating, being carried by someone who has no sign of emotion, humanity. It's like being touched by a robot, holding me in cold arms like a baby, or a corpse. 

The man swings sideways suddenly through a door, practically drops me on the floor, and leaves. I curse myself inwardly, I forgot to note where we were going, and the way we took, my hunters instincts are shutting down in this underground prison. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up and i look around me, my skin starts to prickle. 

The place I am in looks way too familiar, it's a prep room.

quote (if you didn't know it already )- Oh! You pretty things- David Bowie