Chapter 1: My Name is Connor

~Three Months Later~

I rubbed my eyes and yawned as I walked into the station. It was evening but for some reason I was more tired than usual. The only thing on my mind at the moment was coffee. I stopped by my desk to place my belongings on it and then I headed to the break room. I approached the coffee bar and began to make myself a cup. Strands of (h/c) hair fell in my eyes as I looked down. When the steaming coffee hit my throat I felt relief. My body relaxed and I took my cup to my desk. I sat for a moment, enjoying the quiet.

The desk backing mine belonged to my partner, Hank Anderson, however he was absent. I knew very well where he was though and I wasn't expecting him to come in. There were only a few things there. Simple things like photos and newspaper clippings. He didn't sit at the desk as often anymore but he left those things up.

I returned my attention to my computer. I leaned back and logged in. I pulled up some old case files. It seemed like there was more and more being said about androids and deviants around the station. Something was happening. Even if it was starting slowly it was happening but no one truly knew what quite yet. The police were told not to talk so much about it for now. I took another sip of my coffee and kept on reading. I was so focused however that I didn't hear footsteps behind me.

"Hey hon." a man said. He walked to the right of me and sat on my desk. I groaned audibly and swiveled my chair to face him.

"Well well well. If it isn't Detroit's biggest asshole Gavin Reed. How are you?" I announced. He glared at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Thanks for the intro darling. I think the whole station heard you this time." Gavin muttered. I gave him a bitchy smile,

"Nothing they don't already know Reed. Now what do you want." I crossed my arms and waited.

"You're so mean." He frowned dramatically. "Let's go get drinks." I sighed irritably. He'd been asking me the same thing and I gave him the same answer every time.

"Gavin-" I began but he cut me off.

"Just do it. Come on. Why play so hard to get??" he had a shit eating grin on his face by now. I stood up out of my chair and took a step away from him.

"I'm going to give you the same answer I always do. Wanna guess this time?" I snapped. His smile faded and it turned into annoyance. "No, Gavin." 

"Babe, it's not that hard to say yes. And by the looks of things, it's either me or no one because it doesn't look like I have much competition." He chuckled as he gestured to no one. I felt my chest tighten and I took another step back.

"Knock it off." I commanded lowly. At the same time, the station doors opened and someone walked in. He turned around and I heard him scoff.

"What the hell is that thing." I also looked to see who it was. My (e/c) eyes rested on an android approaching us. Surprise and recognition flooded through me. He stopped in front of me. I could see Gavin watching with confusion and irritation.

"Hello. My name is-"

"Connor." I finished, "I remember you. Do you remember me? We met a few months ago." Connor paused, his LED swirling yellow. 

"Yes. Detective (F/n) (l/n)." He clarified. "That had been my first mission." I nodded in understanding and Gavin shifted. My eyes drifted to him and Connor picked up on it. "Are you alright, Detective? Your stress levels are higher than an average human." He scanned me? I cleared my throat and gave Gavin a look. He rolled his eyes and left while muttering under his breath,