Chapter 4: Getting Info and Confessions

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

I look around. I'm in some kind of office of sorts. Great I have no idea where I am. Then a voice interrupts my thoughts.

?: So there is another being composed of life fibers. Well aren't you special.

?2: I don't know what you're talking about, but I do know that if you help me find who I'm looking for I'll help you.

I don't know the first voice at all, but it sounds feminine. The second voice definitely sounds familiar.

?: Oh I would be delighted to help you. Do you have any idea where this person might be?

?2: I've got an area marked here.

?: Oh that's Honnouji Academy. My daughter runs it. I can send you there right after we conduct some test in exchange for me helping you.

?2: I need one more thing first.

?: And what would that be?

?2: I need permission to let loose in this academy because when I find the man I'm looking for nothing will stop me from completing my goal.

?: And what is that goal?

?2: I'm going to kill the man known as C.

My eyes shoot open and I gasp for breath. I lay still for a few minutes getting my composure. I then feel some weight on my right arm. I look over and see Ryuko snuggled against my arm. I smile at this. I gently move my arm to wake her. She pulls my arm closer to her. I keep moving my arm. She eventually mumbles something to me, but it still seems like she's dreaming. I decide to whisper and see if that'll wake her up.

C: Ryuko. Ryuko get up.

Ryuko: No...Mr. Hippo.. I don't wanna...get.... up.

I somehow manage to hold in my laughter.

C: Well could you at least let go of my arm?

Ryuko: It's.... C's arm....not yours...

C: Well could you let go of C's arm?

Ryuko: No...

C: Why not?

Ryuko: because.... C needs.... a hug..... and... I'm....the...only....one... who..can..give...it...to.... him...

C: Why just you?

Ryuko: because... I....like C.....

I don't know how to respond. Then Ryuko shifts a little and yawns. She then opens her eyes.

C: Good morning, Drifter.

Ryuko: Hey C. You okay? You're face is red.

C: Well that might be because of the beautiful girl on my arm.

She then sees how she is hugging my arm. She quickly let's go and jumps out of bed.

Ryuko: Sorry.

C: It's fine.

I then snap my fingers and stop time. I quickly rush downstairs and grab Senketsu and put him in the wash. When he is done I put him in the dryer. After he is dry I put him back on his clothes hanger and bring him to Ryuko. I snap my fingers again.

Senketsu: AHHHHH! What happened!?!?

C: Nothing much, here Ryuko.

Ryuko takes Senketsu and walks into the bathroom. While she does that I get dressed and head downstairs to cook breakfast. I settle on muffins, so I get everything ready and toss them in the oven. As they're cooking Ryuko comes down and sits on the counter.