Chapter one, page one, "New friends"

It was the 4ht of November 2018. School was starting up again in Galway after the Halloween mid-term. It was a cold windy morning and the rain splashed against the ground, causing puddles to form. The weather in Ireland was never really that nice, it was usually quite cold and always rainy. But, Ellie could live with it. In fact she loved it. She loved hearing the rain splash against her window. It was also another reason to not go outside she preferred staying inside, it was easier to stay away from people and socializing when she was inside. Unfortunately she had to go to school though, due to it being mandatory. School didn't stop her from isolation though, she was always sitting alone with her headphones on and when she was in class she always sat at the back of the class. Most her classmates were creeped out by her. She couldn't care less though, she didn't see them as important, she never did. 

As Ellie hiked through the swarm of students in the hallway she listened to her music full blast with her red headphones on.  She eventually arrived in the cafeteria and sat down alone at one of the tables as she took out her drink. She took a sip of it before looking around. She had noticed one of the boys from the one of the other tables. 'Cormac O'Dotherty, one of the most popular lads in school' she thought to herself. Most girls fancied the six foot tall soccer player but she just didn't get it, then again she was never one to have a "crush". She took her eyes off him and looked down at her black school shoes and plaid uniform skirt.  She liked the uniforms, she could just disappear into the crowd without having to worry about anyone noticing her. She sat up as she let out a soft sigh. 

Cormac was talking to his friends at his usual table for lunch, they were chatting and snickering as always. He then noticed Ellie, she had always caught his eye in a way no other girl has. He admired her for a moment before eventually getting the courage to get up and hesitantly walking over to her. 
He sat down in front of her with a dorky smile. 
"Hey, is this seat taken?" He queried as he looked at her, his ears beginning to heat up a bit as his face slightly began to turn a light shade of pink. Talking to girls was usually easy for him but the fact it was this girl made it a lot harder. 
Ellie looked up at him and quirked an eyebrow before removing her headphones. Her confused expression soon changed to a blank one before she spoke, her voice pretty monotone. 
"No, you can sit there if you want." she stated 
As she spoke his face lit up and he sat in the seat across from her. He then placed his chin in the palm of his hand and continued to smile at her, looking like a kid who just won a prize from a carnival game. 
"So..Your name is Ellie right?I'm pretty sure you're in my art class." He explained to which Ellie nodded 
"Yeah. We are." 
He nodded a bit more and slightly sat up 
"I loved your presentation last week!" He chimed excitedly, hoping to impress her. But, she just shrugged 
"I know. You're the only one who clapped." She then decided to return the compliment "Yours was good too I suppose." She stated with a tiny shadow of what seemed to be a smile.
He grinned before chuckling softly "Thanks, that's sweet of you. I was wondering if you wanted to hangout after school or something?". 
This question caused Ellie to panic a tiny bit on the inside. Why did he want to hangout? Was she going to be set up for something? What was going to happen? Did he want to kill her? Was he a serial killer in disguise?? She shook her head and sighed before quickly answering. 
"U-Uh sure?" although it was an answer she said it more as a question, Cormac didn't mind though. He was ecstatic, he could finally get to know her. He then nodded and stood up 
"I'll see you around so! Bye Ellie!" He stood up before walking out of the cafeteria to his class. 
Ellie watched him leave, she don't know what she just got herself into but she'd only have to hangout with him once anyways. 

The bell eventually rang and most of the students rushed out of the cafeteria to get to their classes. She watched them all swarm out before eventually grabbing her bag and making her way to her first class. 
She already knew today was gonna be interesting