Chapter 1 - Moving

Eve stark is a medium heighted, small sized eleven-year-old girl; she has a petite oval shaped, pale face where a small nose hangs. Her big, deep set brown eyes sit equally spaced apart below her perfectly shaped eyebrows. Thick, long, black curled eyelashes lay across the top of her eyelids and her small, soft, sweet ruby lips are neatly painted on her face, just two centimetres below her nose. She has thin, wavy, natural light brown hair which hangs down her face touching her shoulder blades.

Heavy banging noises awake Eve from her poor four-hour slumber. She groggily sits up and wipes away the sleep from her eyes. Lazily, she squints and listens to the noises coming from downstairs. A loud crash thuds and then a blaring sigh. Eve rolls her eyes. She knows it's her sad excuse of a mother. She takes her obsolete blackberry phone and looks at the time, 'nine o'clock'. She sinks back down into her pillow and stares at the washed-out grey ceiling above her. Powerfully, she hears the front door slam shut. Fifteen minutes later, Eve gets up. She sits on the edge of the tiny mattress laid on her floor. Gradually, she stands and opens her broken bedroom door. She goes to the toilet and then walks out into the cluttered kitchen. She sees shattered glass all over the floor. Sharply, she kneels down and starts to pick the pieces up, she gets cuts on her fingers but it's nothing new, Eve has done the same routine all her life. Julie, her mum, near enough does this every day, too many empty bottles of vodka pile up and eventually, she knocks them off whilst intoxicated. After Eve cleans up her mum's mess, she walks into the living room. There's no door to get into the front room, as one of Julies ex boyfriends ripped it off when he was in a drunken rage. There's nothing in the living room, just a table in the centre and hundreds of cans and bottles spread out on the floor. Julie had a party the night before and of course didn't clean up her mess. Eve walks into the kitchen and grabs the last bin bag out of the cupboard. She inserts all of the empty cans and bottles into the bag and then opens the front door. She places the bin bag into the bin and then leans on the balcony. She looks down and stares at the rough estate she calls home. Two men are lying on the cold, wet floor, still drinking from the night before. A man struts towards Eve and stops at the side her. "It's a shame you didn't join in the party last night Eve" the man says as he leans on the balcony, a smirk appears on his face, "I think you would have had a good time". Eve turns around and starts the walk back into her flat, not acknowledging the man. "It's a shame you're moving as-well, just a few more years an..." before he can finish Eve slams the door behind her.

Twenty minutes later, there's a knock at the door and Eve goes to answer it. "Hey!" A tall Irish boy says happily. Eve smiles and goes to hug her friend. Finn picks her up and spins her around. Finn is thirteen, he is Eve's best friend and dancing partner. He gently puts her down as they both laugh and walk into Eves bedroom. They both sit down on her mattress. "I can't believe you're really moving" Finn says. "I no. I really don't want to!" Eve stresses. Finn giggles and rolls his eyes. "Well, at least your new place will be better than here" Finn guesses. "Yeah" Eve says softly, staring at the floor. After two hours of talking, it's twelve o'clock. "Well, I best get going. You need to start packing your suitcase!" Finn laughs. They both walk to the door and hug. Finn squeezes Eve, "Bye" he says. "Bye" Eve says with tears in her eyes. Finn leaves and Eve walks back into her room. Finn is the only friend Eve has ever had. They go to school together and all the other pupils are idiots in their eyes, so Eve doesn't really talk to any of them. There's a knock on the door two minutes later, it's Finn again. "C'mon, get dressed!" he says. "I'll buy you some dinner in town" Finn pleasantly says. Eve smiles and runs into her room. She throws on a blue top and black leggings. She quickly brushes her hair and then runs into the living room. Hurriedly, she puts on her battered black trainers and her black hoodie. They walk out of the front door and Eve locks it behind her. They walk through the estate and into town and go to McDonalds. They end up there for two hours talking. They start to walk back, and Finn gets a phone call, he rolls his eyes and puts his phone in his pocket. "I'm sorry Eve, I have to go, my mum needs help with something" he says. "It's okay, thanks for dinner" Eve replies with a smile. Finn smiles back. He stands and they both stare at each other for a few seconds. They both hug again and say a final goodbye. Finn leaves and Eve goes in the opposite direction to get back home. As she gets to the estate, she walks through and then up the stairs. She unlocks the front door and takes off her jacket. She lets off a sigh and slowly walks into her bedroom. "Guess I best start packing then" she says to herself. Eves grandparents lent Julie two suitcases to pack their clothes. It only takes Eve ten minutes to pack the small amount of clothes she has. When all her old worthless clothes are in the suitcase, she lays a pink sparkly dress on the top of them and smiles.

One Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें