SEVENTEEN!

"wait, what the fuck?"

finn and everlyn quickly pulled back from the kiss, simultaneously looking at the boy behind them. they both knew they were in deep, deep shit and it'd take a lot of begging to earn jaeden's forgiveness. "finn, let's go." jaeden said sternly, but finn did nothing but shake his head. "fine! i'll leave and you can stay here with your stupid girlfriend!" he shouted, opening the door and slamming it shut.

"i'll be back." everlyn told the boy next to him. she stood up and ran outside, catching him before he could even get into the car. "jaeden." she said in a tiny whisper. the brunette ignored her words and proceeded to open the car door. "jaeden, please listen to what i have to say."

jaeden groaned and leaned against the car, crossing his arms and whipping his head towards her. "look...i wasn't thinking, okay? it all just kinda happened. i froze up and didn't think much of it. plus...we're not even dating. and maybe it's better if we don't."

"didn't think anything of it? what about all those late night phone calls we've had, huh? or how about all the flirting? are you just that blind? can you not see that i'm still in love with you? i wanna be something, everlyn. but you fucked up."

everlyn paused for a moment, hesitating to speak. she didn't know what to say. "jae..."

"forget it." and with that, jaeden martell got into finn's car and drove away. leaving everlyn torn.

she ran a hand through her silky blonde hair and struggled to hold back tears. heading inside, she looked at her friend and pointed to the door. "can you please leave?"

"i mean...jaeden kinda took my car" he argued.

"take a bus or something. just go. i need space."

finn nodded and stood up, looking at her briefly before exiting her house. everlyn watched him go and fell back onto the couch, bursting into tears. her sobs grew so loud that her neighbours could probably hear her. she didn't care though.

after crying for a good twenty minutes, she got up and headed up to her room to grab her diary. the book that was filled with her deepest, darkest thoughts. it was a treasured item of hers. her coping mechanism. if anybody ever found that diary, they most likely wouldn't be able to get past the first page. it was too...dark.

everlyn took a seat on the foot of her bed and grabbed her favourite black pen that just glided perfectly across the paper with every word she wrote.

dear, diary

why do i always have to mess up? it's almost like my whole life is just a compilation of the mistakes i've made. i've ruined everything. oh, how i wish i could be somebody else. if only i could trade lives with somebody who was always happy. for example, a disney princess. or maybe a baby, who's too young and naive to feel pain and understand what sadness even is. all i know is that i'm tired of losing the only good things life throws at me. hopefully i'll be able to fix it soon. that's all i want. i want jaeden back, i miss him already. why did i have to kiss back? we all know i'm still deeply in love with him...why am i trying to push that to the side? i'm such a fucking slut. jaeden doesn't even deserve a girl like me, he deserves better. much better. whatever, i'm gonna go cry some more.

sincerely, everlyn

——————————————————
kinda a sad chapter if u ask me
sorry that it's short again!!
but yes the drama is real ooo