[Fuuto]: I'll sing that song you like so much for you again. You only have to accompany me on Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Friday too. Also, I would like you to be on standby during the last date on the day of the closing event.

[Y/N]: Has anyone ever called you greedy? What if I refuse?

[Fuuto]: What I want, I take. I won't take no for an answer. If I must, I'll drag you along.

[Y/N]: How typical. I'll be there.

[Fuuto]: That's better.

Maybe, it was better for him, but for me, it only meant having to witness the boy I liked to ask out my best friend.

[Fuuto]: I would like you to know that I do regret making you cry, but you can't tell anyone else, okay? It's a secret.

[Y/N]: A secret the entire nation knows.

Why did he put so much emphasis on such a small detail? Furthermore, how could he continue to call this a secret?

[Fuuto]: It's the thought that counts, besides if you think that's what I meant to do, you're sorely mistaken.

I put my phone away to sleep but ended up staring at the posters that covered the ceiling. "Asahina Fuuto," I breathed, "I love you so much, and you don't love me. Meanwhile, I can't understand the things you need me to see."

Although the tabloids did have a field day, no one suspected that the girl who had made Fuuto cave in using tears was a normal girl like me. The guesses ranged from the lead singer of a famous idol unit to the newest recruits at his agency.

With a faint smile, I scanned the forums dedicated to Fuuto. All recent posts were theories on the mysterious girl. Only a few people remembered that Fuuto had referred to the concert in Osaka, so the culprit had to have a matching schedule.

This publicity stunt boosted the presales for the CD to unknown levels according to insiders. Naturally, I had already pre-ordered one CD to add to my collection.

When my phone rang, I could immediately accept Ema's call.

"Hey, what's up?" I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Ema asked me, her voice low too.

"Because I'm in the hospital. Why are you whispering?"

"An automatic reaction?" Ema guessed. "But that doesn't matter. Yuusuke has a question for you."

That was a special occasion.

"Then, I'll try to answer his question," I said playfully.

"Fuuto told us this morning that he had done the punishment. Can you confirm that?" Yuusuke asked me.

"You mean to ask me whether he told me a secret?" I asked him in confusion.

"Yes," Yuusuke said.

"I don't think he has said anything to me," I began slowly, but then inspiration struck. "Wait," I gushed, disbelief filling me. "I think he did, though."

If he had told me a secret, even if I couldn't understand what he had meant with his words, then he liked me.

"Okay. Thank you for sharing this with us," Yuusuke thanked me.

"You're welcome," I said before Ema took the phone back.

"What did Fuuto say?" she asked.

"The same thing he said on television. That he regretted making me cry," I revealed, my voice dropping a few tones lower to keep possible eavesdroppers at bay.