Smiling, I texted her that I would trust her. Hopefully, she wouldn't make me regret this lapse in judgement.

As soon as I got back home, I already switched the television on while I did my homework. I didn't want to miss one single moment from the interview Fuuto would give tonight.

Half an hour before the show started, I moved to my bed. Carefully, I laid down on my stomach on my bed, giving the currently airing reality show one glance before diverting my attention.

[Y/N]: Good luck, tonight!

Fuuto probably wouldn't see my message, and even if he did notice someone had texted him, he would be preparing for the interview.

Therefore, his immediate reaction made me almost drop my phone on the covers on my bed.

[Fuuto]: I take it that you're waiting anxiously?

[Y/N]: I'm already waiting for the program to start. Can I ask you whether you're nervous or is it an inappropriate question considering the situation?

[Fuuto]: No.

[Fuuto]: Will you watch the full interview?

Was it just my imagination, or did this question imply that he wanted to be sure that I would watch him?

[Y/N]: Yes, I'll be watching.

[Fuuto]: Good.

That was the last message he gave me. A few minutes later, the hostess entered the stage through folded panels that hid the entrance.

"Good evening, everyone!" she called out, waving wildly with her arms as she jumped up the few steps to her desk.

"Today, we welcome rising star Asakura in our little studio. His last two albums have been released respectively one year and two years ago, yet they still dominate the charts. With a new single coming up, I think he has proven himself."

Fuuto entered the studio, waving to the camera and audience in the studio. The hostess lifted to her feet, descending the few steps that led from her desk to the couch where Fuuto would take a seat.

After a short hug, Fuuto sat down, and the hostess returned to her desk.

"How are you doing, Asakura?"

"I'm doing very well at the moment. The excitement of making a new single hasn't died down yet, so everything feels quite unreal."

The hostess laughed. "I assure you that this's real, Asakura."

He laughed too, a sound that was so studied, that I furrowed my brows in concern. Notwithstanding his answer to her question, Fuuto didn't look elated at all.

"Later this evening, you'll sing the song us. We'll be the first ones to have a taste of your brand-new single," the hostess confided to the public. "Since you're here to promote your new single, can you tell us something about it? This single has a feeling that's drastically different from your usual style. What inspired you to write your newest single: Adore me?"

"Usually, I have a tune in my mind and write the lyrics to fit the melody. I based Adore me on a feeling. It was a different approach for me since the lyrics came first. Composing a melody proved to be far more difficult when you have already fixed what you want to write. It was very counter-intuitive."

"Rumour had it that you would release an album this year, but instead you have decided to delay the album to release this single first. What made you decide to make such an unconventional move with such an unusual song?" the hostess asked.