Part 2: the one with the hoodie

Start from the beginning

"You good bro?" I say jokingly. He just rolls his eyes and opens the front door. What is up with him? We get into his car and make our way to school.

-

"What?!" we all say in unison.

"It wasn't my fault!" Bella says.

"So your telling me you hooked up with Caleb and you didn't bother to tell me!" I scream at her.

"Shhhhhh your gonna tell the entire fucking school!" she screams back at me. We all walked outside and sat down in our usual spot near the gym, Bella's back against the brick wall with me in front of her.

"Care to explain?" I ask her sassily.

"Okay listen I didn't even try to hook up with him, it just happened." She said shrugging.

"How do you "just happen" to hook up with the most popular guy in school?!" I hear Ruel say behind me as he walks up to us.

"Did I miss something?" Jaden says walking up behind Ruel. Jaden sits to my right and Ruel sits on my left.

"Oh nothing, except for the fact that BELLA GOT WITH CALEB!" I shout once again.

"You really don't know what an inside voice is," Bella says sassily.

"I'm sorry, are we inside?" I say back causing her to roll her eyes.

"Okay sorry how did you manage that?" Jaden says.

"I went to Xavier's party on Friday and we ended up playing seven minutes in heaven. One thing led to another and yep. That's that." She says sighing.

"Please tell me he didn't make you do anything you didn't want to do." Ruel says protectively.

"No, no way we stopped before anything happened." She says sounding relieved almost.

"Oh thank fuck," he says sighing in relief, making us all laugh. Ruel has always been overprotective of all of us, especially me since I have known him since we were 4.

"Anyway moving on. I have exciting news for you guys." Jaden says.

"Jaden for the last time, no one cares about your victory royale on fortnite." Bella says rolling her eyes, once again.

"Haha, very funny." He says clearly unimpressed.

"But what I was gonna say was, I got into football team!" he says excited.

"Wait, seriously?!" Ruel says just as excited.

"Nah I got into the math championships. Yes, you fuckwit!" he says loudly.

"I'm so proud of you Jay!" I say jumping up and tackling him into a tight hug.

"Thank you Lana," he says laughing lightly. He sits back up with my arms still wrapped around his shoulders. I kiss him on the temple and he laughs once again. I turn to face Bella and Ruel but when I look over Bella is staring dreamily at Caleb and Ruel is glaring at Jaden.

"Ruel, you okay?" I ask him cautiously. He suddenly stands up and starts walking away. I look at him confused.

"Ruel! Where are you going?" I heard Jaden say next to me.

"I'll go get him," I say sighing and standing up. I quickly run up to Ruel who was still walking to god knows where.

"Ruel, what is going on?" I say trying to keep up with his long ass legs.

"Leave me alone Lana," he says lowly. I knew something was really wrong because he never called me by my actual name. He always called me love or bub.

"Ruel," I say standing in front of him, causing him to stop.

"Tell me what's wrong." I say stubbornly.

"Love, please move." He says softer but still in an angry tone.

"No, I wont leave until you tell me what is going on with you. I woke you up and you were pissed off. You never get that pissed off when I wake you like that. You got pissed at me when I tried wearing your hoodie and when I threw a fucking breakfast bar at you. Now you storm off when I hug Jay! Did I do something wrong? Is it something I said?!" I say almost shouting because of how frustrated I was.

"I'm just as confused as you," he says quietly, putting his head down.

"Ruel, you're not making any sense," I say quietly.

"I know. I know I'm not but I'm just so confused."

I looked around me taking in my surroundings. We ended up stopping just before the beach that we called "our spot". I saw in his eyes he was hurt and confused, he had no shine in his green globes where there usually was. His body was slouched and his head hung low. I could tell he didn't want to talk so I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his head towards my shoulder lightly. He buried his face into my neck and wrapped his arms around my torso lifting me off the ground a little.

"Come on bub, we have to go back to school," I mumble into his shoulder. He groans in response. We stay like that for a little longer before we pull away.

"I don't wanna go back," he says whining.

"We have too, you have your car there." I tell him softly.

"I don't need it, we can just walk to your house." He says like a little kid. I sigh once again grabbing his large hand in mine.

"It's just two more lessons then we can go to my house and sleep and cuddle all you want okay?" I say softly, not wanting to upset him even more. He was like a little kid when he was sad. He just wanted hugs and food.

"Okay," he said quietly. Still holding his hand, I started to walk toward the school again. We held hands the entire way back, since it was a four-minute walk. As soon as we walked into school, the bell rang signalling we had to go back to class. We both walked to our lockers. I just kept wondering what was going on with Ruel. Why was he so angry? Was it me? Why isn't he telling me what's wrong? What's he confused about? If only these were questions he knew the answer to.