Chapter 26: Am I Really That Bad?

Start from the beginning

There’s a knock on my door a mere few minutes later and I roll my eyes, sitting up as the door opens. What’s the point of knocking of you’re just gonna come in anyways? I look to the doorframe and see Will standing there. He’s got a slight grin on his face, and he’s still wearing his work clothes.

        “Hey Mick.”

        “Hi Will.” I retort, broadly. 

He pushes himself up off the doorframe and sits down at my desk chair. “What’s wrong?”

        “What do you mean?”

        “Something’s wrong with you.”

        “Nothing’s wrong with me.” I assure him.

He shakes his head, “I don’t believe that.”

I raise my eyebrows, “No?”

        “Nope.”

        “Why’s that?”

        “Because you look sad and I just came from Ryder’s room and he’s lying on the floor staring up at the ceiling mumbling something to himself.”

        “What’s that got to do with me?”

        “Well you’re his girlfriend, aren’t you?”

        “Not anymore.”

He raises his eyebrows this time, “Wait, what?”

        “We broke up.”

        “Why? You didn’t even date that long.”

        “I don’t wanna talk about it.” I mutter, falling back on the bed and pulling the pillow over my face.

        “Well for what it’s worth I think y’all will get back together.”

        “I dunno.” I mumble into the pillow.

        “Well I do, and you will. I mean you two are like I don’t know…ice cream and cake.”

        “Thanks?”

He chuckles, “Yeah, sure. Dude take that pillow off your face.”

        “What time is it?” I wonder, ignoring his request.

        “It’s 7:30.”

        “I wanna sleep now.” I inform him, getting up from the bed and pulling my drawer open.

William scoffs, “Sleep? Why? It’s only 7 p.m. Even little kids don’t go to sleep this early.”

        “I don’t really feel like being awake anymore. Plus dreams are way better than reality.”

        “That’s deep.” Will says, nodding and putting his hands in his pocket. “And F.Y.I. just because you and Ryder broke up, doesn’t mean you stop living.”

        “I’m still living. I told you I was fine.”

        “Well you don’t look fine. You look like you just learned your best friend is moving to another country or something.”

        “Nice analogy.” I reply sarcastically.

        “Thank you, I try. Now, you and I, we’re going somewhere tomorrow whether you wanna have fun or not.”