No one was alone.

I walked by the courts and stopped to watch a few guys that were playing. I wanted to jump in but I didn't even know them, and that hasn't stopped me before.

I watched as a girl who was reading a book walked past me. She seemed to be so into it that she didn't notice the boy's next to her playing an intense game of basketball.

She walked close to the court as I stayed in my spot, maybe nothing will happen.

A person playing shot the basketball and I watched. The ball hit the rim and bounced off, heading straight towards the girl.

Guess I have to play hero on my first day here.

I ran in front of her and caught the rebound, the girl reading the book jumped and finally looked up.

She saw me holding the ball as her eyes widened, "I'd watch where I'm going next time," I said as she just looked at me in shock.

I looked at the boys who were playing to see them standing around as I held their ball. I hurled it back as one caught it with both hands, nice catch, I thought. 

He looked at me with wide eyes as I smiled and proceeded on with finding the front office. I walked towards the entrance of the school and entered.

I took out my earphones as I walked, as per usual everyone was looking at me.

I walked to the office and waited for the head master. He came in a few minutes later and greeted me.

"Ah, the new student from the US of A" he said in English as I chuckled.

It was sort of good.

"Yeah, that's me" I said in Korean as he looked taken aback, shocked even.

"Wow, your Korean is so good" he complimented as I smiled.

"My dad is Korean so I learned from him at an early age," I said as he nodded.

"Well, Welcome to Nonhyeon-dong Honours, I am Headmaster Pak. Here we are a top notch school based on excellence and student greatness" he explained as I listened.

"We're so proud to have someone from America attend this school, especially a kin of one of our school's superstars," he added with a small smile that slowly faded. 

I sighed internally, I hated when this happened.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I meant to send my thoughts and prayers but it was a very hard time for me as well" he spoke with an apologetic tone.

I nodded, "It's fine, it was some time ago. I won't hold it against you"

I looked down as he inhaled and looked around his desk. He picked up a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Here is your schedule Ms. Kim," I took the paper and looked at it then back at him, "Good luck on your first day. I hope it will go well, if you need anything or need someone to talk to I'm always here" he said as I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, it was nice meeting you" I said and waved.

I looked down at my schedule and saw my first class, English with Mrs. Soo. 

As I walked through the hallways everyone looked at me and whispered things to their friends.

Is that really necessary?

The bell rang and everyone scrambled to their first class of the day. I blended in with the crowd and arrived at my first class.

I groaned, there were too many people laughing and being childish, am I in the right school?