9. fanny and maria

Start from the beginning

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

Rachel:
It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend

Like a ship blown from its mooring by a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you

Madison:
Because I knew you

Madison and Rachel:
I have been changed for good

Rachel:
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for

Madison:
But then I guess we know there's blame to share

Madison and Rachel:
And none of it seems to matter anymore

Madison (Rachel):
Like a comet pulled from orbit (Like a ship blown from its mooring)
As it passes a sun (By a wind off the sea)
Like a stream that meets a boulder (Like a seed dropped by a bird)
Halfway through the wood (In the wood)

Madison and Rachel:
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better

Madison:
And because I knew you

Rachel:
Because I knew you

Madison and Rachel:
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good

Rachel pulled me into a hug. "I see it now. I don't have to choose between..." She sighed. "my career... and love because this... I mean... this stage, Broadway, New York... that's my true love."

I scurried over to my bag and pulled out my camera. "What are you doing?" Rachel asked.

"Did you really think we were gonna break into a Broadway theater and not take a photo?" I asked.

"B-but that's evidence." She responded nervously.

I shrugged before snapping a photo.

...

We were all getting prepared for our performance. I looked at Quinn, who was struggling to tie her dress. As soon as she caught me, I looked away. But she kept her gaze on me. "Can you, uh, help me with this?" Quinn asked.

I walked behind her. "S-sure." I said, grabbing both of the strings of the dress and started to tie them into a knot. "You cut your hair." I stated.

Quinn nodded her head. "Yeah."

"It looks really nice." I replied.

She touched her hair. "Thanks. Santana and Brittany did it. I guess, I needed some change."

"Change is good." I replied.

...

The thing I wanted to forget most was the fact that we placed 12th. We were the joke of show choir. And even though I was upset about losing, there was one person that could make this all better, but things were really awkward. She was standing a few feet away and cleaning out her locker.

Rachel came running over to me. "Finn and I are getting back together." She exclaimed. "Madison, maybe I don't have to choose. What if I can have it all?" I looked over at Quinn. She might've hurt me, but why couldn't I get a happy ending like Rachel. "The perfect relationship... the perfect future."

"Well, after Nationals, you might as well make it worth it." I replied, referring to the kiss that costed us the competition. "I'm happy for you, but can we talk about this later?" I was about to walk over to Quinn, but I noticed she was gone. "Never mind." I whispered.

Finn walked over to the two of us. "Are we ready for the last glee club meeting of the year?" Finn asked. Rachel and Finn held each other's hands.

I sighed. "Is this my life from now on?" I questioned. "Am I forever going to be the third-wheel?"

Finn then put his arm around my shoulders. "There's enough love for the two of you."

"Gross, Finn." I said before laughing.

We headed into the choir room where everyone was waiting for us. "It only took you three forever." Quinn stated.

Mr. Shue walked over to us as he held our tiny trophy, making us all cheer.

...

author's note:
i'm so excited for season 3 and for quinn and madison. how would y'all like to see madison as a cheerio? it's gonna happen but i'm not sure if it'll be a short term or a long term thing.