Volume One

1. You're in an empty field. The ground is covered in snow, and gentle flakes fall all around you. You don't know where you came from or where you're going. There isn't a sense of urgency, but you know it's best to continue forward. The silence is deafening. The snow has a way of absorbing sound. The only noise is the crunch of the snow under your feet. Despite the cold weather, you feel comfortable. You're bundled up and warm. All that you can see behind you is your tracks, and all that you see ahead of you is a field of white. You aren't sure if there even is an end destination, and you're okay with that.

2. You're sitting in an empty doctors office waiting room. The lights are off, and there's a slight glow behind the frosted glass sliding door of the receptionist's desk. There's an old fashioned mounted block TV in the corner with static on the screen. You sit and watch the static with no real sense of time. The sounds are speaking to you.

3. You walk downstairs at some obscure hour of the night and notice the the only source of light in your living room is your TV. It's just static. The noises speak to you, and they're telling you to touch the TV. Hesitantly, you walk towards the TV and put your hand out. To your surprise, your hand sinks in to it and it feels like your hand is asleep. There's a gentle pull that makes you keep going. Eventually, you feel yourself be sucked into the TV. Your whole body feels like it's on pins and needles. When you're completely submerged, your vision goes black. When you open your eyes, you're sitting in a chair in a completely black void. You can't see any definitive shapes that would signify that you're even in a room. Not even a floor. It's the first time you've ever seen complete darkness. In front of you, your TV is sitting. The power is off. The remote is in your hand. You turn it on and don't recognize what you're watching at first. Everything is in a slightly grainy cold blue filter. As you watch, you start to recognize the setting. And then you see yourself. You're smiling. You're laughing.  You recognize this as one of your favorite memories with your friend, but it's not from your point of view. It's from theirs.  Not only do you see yourself, but your biased self image is gone. You see your face how they see it. You hear your voice how they hear it. As you flip channels, you notice that it's more of your memories from the perspective of the person you love most.

4. You're walking through a city. Everyone looks the same. A long coat, a suit, and a hat. None of the people have faces. They don't have defined hands or fingers either. Just very long arms that end in pointy stumps. All of their skin is gray. They're speaking, but it just comes out as deep, distorted, muffled sounds. All road signs are some unknown language. The sky is a uniform shade of gray and there are no birds, and there is no sun. Your field of vision is expanded much more than it should be. There's a red tint to everything that you see, and everything is shifting and almost distorted. You don't know where you are or how you got there, and you don't know who you are. Sometimes you glimpse in to the glass of the buildings, but you have no reflection. You feel nauseated and want to collapse, but something tells you to keep walking.

5. You're in a dark room. There's a desk that you're sitting at. In front of you is a set of twelve old style TV monitors hooked up to surveillance cameras. You're in a security office. These screens give you glimpses into different places. There are only twelve, but each one changes every few seconds. On one, you see a woman in a rocking chair aggressively knitting. In another, you see the woods. There's a humanoid white creature crawling on all fours. It has uncomfortably long arms. Another one shows is an old black and white Mickey Mouse episode. Every once in a while, they just flash static. You become entranced with these screens. Each seems to show you a different dimension. Another ones appears to be a cooking show, but it's just a single counter top in a dark room with a floating knife chopping up ingredients. One of them appears to be a young child's room in the dark. They're always changing and you never know what's happening next. You can't point out a specific sound because they're all layered over each other.

6. You're in a bowling alley. All of the lights are off, except for the spot light on your alley. You can hear the sound of pins falling all around you, but there's no one there. There's a soft murmur of people whispering all around you, but you can't understand them. You finally get the feeling that it's your turn to bowl. You walk up. The whispering going dead silent. The only sound you can hear is the tapping of your shoes on the hard floor. You pick up the single black ball sitting in the ball return. It's the heaviest ball you've ever picked up. You almost can't even hold it, but something tells you that you need to take your turn. You throw the ball and it slowly rolls down the lane. Just before it gets to the pins, it swerves into the gutters. The disembodied voices start booing. You walk back to your seat with your head down. There's nothing behind the lanes. Just a field of darkness you don't dare to explore. You can vaguely make out the other lanes. You sit back down and the booing dissipates back into whispering with the occasional sound of pins falling. This continues for all of eternity.

7. You wake up in a room. The walls are purple and there are exits on each wall. You don't know how you got there or why you're there. You also have the overwhelming sense that you're somewhere different. Not on earth. Not even in the right dimension. The rooms are relatively small, but you feel the weight of eternity on your shoulders. You get up and walk through one of them. You're in red room with three more exits. This room has Greek marble head busts on podiums everywhere. You go to the next room. It's green. There are more busts. You keep going through rooms to find the same thing. Colored walls and marble head busts. You begin to panic. The more you freak out, the more dizzy and nauseated you feel. You hear the distinct sound of tv static all around you. You become more and more dizzy. Your vision is starting to tunnel and go black around the edges. The rooms won't end. You're trying to run now, but you're just drunkly stumbling around. You eventually lose your vision and stop trying to run. The static is all that you can hear now. Your body is tingling. As you lay down in defeat, you begin to drift off into a dreamless sleep. You wake up in a room. The walls are purple and there are exits on each wall. You don't know how you got there or why you're there.

8. You're sitting in an empty church. In the front, instead of a priest, there's a clown sitting in a single spot light. He's making a balloon animal and you can hear the squeaking of the rubber echoing loudly throughout the room. He's beckoning you over with his finger, but there's a very foreboding vibe to him, so you stay in the pews and watch. He keeps making them and the urge to go to him keeps getting stronger. The more you fight the temptation, the louder the squeaking gets. It echos not only in the room, but in your head. The sound is layered and the more you look at him, the worse it gets. When you close your eyes, you can see him. Standing there. Smiling at you. You don't know how much longer you can hold off.

9. You're walking through an empty department store in the middle of the night. There are still shelves, but everything's gone. There are human hands coming out of the ceiling that look like they're trying to grab at you, but they can't reach. You can see the back wall of the store, but no matter how long you walk towards it, you never get to it.

10. You're sinking underwater facing the surface. Above water, there's a multicolored light that's slowly changing colors. As you sink, you watch the water turn from blue, to red, to green, to purple, and so on. You can still hear the water moving in waves above you. As you sink further, the light becomes harder to see. Eventually it's completely silent. While you continue to sink into the darkness and silence, you yearn to see the colorful lights again, and to hear the sound of muffled waves. But all that awaits you is cold, dark water.