G E N U I N E || xv

Start from the beginning

I nodded and made a mental note to ask her about roses.

"Anything else?"

"Oh! She loves sweets. Just anything and everything sweet really," Summer added, tapping her chin, "I think that's it, actually."

I thanked the three girls and left them before anyone got suspicious of us all talking together. But apparently not quick enough.

"Well, well, well. Looks like Sirius Black is really going for this girl. Don't tell me you actually like her?" Issac jeered as I turned the corner and saw him.

"What are you on about, Williams?" I asked as he blocked me from going around him.

"You've taken a liking to Farley ever since I set that bet for you. Why else would you be asking about what she likes?" Issac accused.

Me? Liking Elizabeth Farley like that? There's no way. "It's all for the bet, Issac. Unless you have a way of getting someone to date you without them liking you, I'd expect you to do it too if you were doing this bet."

"Alright then, Sirius. No need to get so angry, I'm just making a joke. But, you've nearly taken up half your time. Might want to hurry it up?" Issac suggested as he walked off. Sometimes he pisses me off so much.

Sirius' POV :

Sirius' POV :

I had heard from Summer and Emilia that Betsy was in the library studing something, and that was when my plan was going to go into action.

I walked in and looked for the mysterious blonde Slytherin. I saw her sitting on a table in the corner of the room with her head against the table fast asleep.

As I walked forward I realized how cute she looked asleep, merlin that sounded stalkerish.

I squatted down to her height and shook her slightly, "Rise and shine sleeping beauty." A/N: riiIIssee and sHIiIiNnE

Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal her golden brown eyes, almost making a smile appear on my face.

"Sirius you dick, why'd you wake me up?" She asked putting her head back into the nook of her arms, her hair getting all messed up.

"I just need help with something," her head tilted up slightly, looking at me.

"Like?" A smirk appeared on my face and I sat down on the chair next to her.

"Basically, theres this girl I like yeah? and she loves roses." Her ears perked up as she sat up against the chair. "I wanted to know what kind of roses I should get her. I was asking Emi and she told me you might know a thing or two."

"Oh, I just adore roses! They're so romantic. How much do you want to know?" Betsy asked me as I thought about it,

"Everything, really."

She beamed as she started talking,

"Well, first off, they symbolise love, passion, beauty and perfection. They're the flowers that ancient Greeks and Romans associated their goddess of love with, Aphrodite and Venus. It's also important that you get the colour right. You have the more known things, like red is enduring love, yellow is friendship and joy, pink is gratitude, admiration and appreciation. White is humility and innocence, orange is enthusiasm and desire, purple is fascination and adoration. Oh, and my favourites are lavender roses!"

"What do they mean?"

"Enchantment and love at first sight. I'd love to get at least one, for someone to have loved me since the moment they first saw me would be perfect," Betsy gave a bit of a lopsided smile as she snapped herself out of her mind.

"I'm sure you have better things to do than ask me about this, Bla- Sirius, I mean."

It's cute how she corrected herself. I'm also sorta happy she did without me having to remind her.

"I have a lot of free time all of a sudden and we're friends now. Don't spend too much time sleeping here, Betsy. You should go back to your dorm to sleep," I advised as I left the sleepy Slytherin in the library.

|| End of Act ii ||