Chapter 3

"But I want to come! Please? Lucy tell her!" Ella stomped her foot and narrowed her eyes at the she devil, who narrowed her eyes back in return.

Lucy stood in the middle growing more and more nervous as the staring contest between Mirajane and Ella continued. "Look Ella, we're not trying to be mean. We're just trying to keep you safe, isn't that what you want? To be safe?"

Ella chewed on the inside of her cheek as she mulled over the blondes soft spoken words. She let out a huff and a quiet 'whatever' before flopping backwards onto her bed. She felt a soft hand on her shoulder and looked to the side to see Mira smiling down at her, the brunette rolled her eyes but couldn't keep her smile off her face, which made Mira chuckle.

"We'll be back in a few hours, order whatever you want to the room" Lucy chucked the lacrama tv remote onto the bottom of the bed, followed by a hotel leaflet.

Now standing at the door ready to go Mira took a last glance at the girl on the bed and smiled to herself, she took ahold of Lucy's hand and opened the door to leave, "hang tight kiddo".

And with that Ella was left alone. Once again.

Ella frowned at her thoughts and rolled over so the tv remote was in reach, she turned it on and started to channel surf for a bit.

3 and a half hours later...

Ella groaned as her eyes slowly adjusted to the blinding light of the lacrama tv in the dark room, she rolled over with a huff and made a reach for the lacrama ball Lucy had given her to communicate with them which lay discarded on the floor next to her bed.

Finally feeling the glass ball in her hand she sat up with a groan and a crack of her back which had gone stiff from lying down for so long.

Pressing her slim finger to the green light on the side of the ball she heard the ringing stop and Mirajane's face popped into view.

"Ella! I was getting worried for a second when you didn't answer" Mira visibly breathed a sigh of relief and her ever so radiant smile seemed to shine even brighter at seeing the young girl in her cares face.

"Sorry about that I fell asleep" Ella smiled back sheepishly, "when are you guys gonna be back anyway?" Her coco brown eyes flickered to the clock on the wall which read 7:38 pm.

"It shouldn't be to much longer, we're just having a bit of trouble finding the last of the thieve-" Mira's words we're suddenly cut off when a black cloud of mist overtook her body and her lacarma fell to the ground.

Ella's orbs widened and her expression took on one of panic as she started calling Mira's name over and trying to call the mage back.

Wild thoughts and images of her two new guardians lying in their blood on the forest floor all alone filled her head. As more and more scenarios filled up the space in her head her skin started to tint a light electrical blue.

The lacrama in her hand soon blew up, sending shards of crystal all over the room and some imbedded in Ellas skin, but where red blood was supposed to leak out the liquid was a peculiar yellow.

Ella didn't even flinch as she moved her hand to feel the side of her left check and felt a large piece of the lacrama poking out of her cheek, without batting an eye the girl took a grip of the shard and pulled it out.

Looking at the yellow stained crystal in her hand ellas left eye shinned a bright blue and her right a dark yellow.

She slowly turned her hand and let the crystal fall to the ground, as soon as she heard the sound of it shattering from the impact of the ground a blue mist enveloped her body, when the mist cleared up the room was empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh shit plot twist! Sorry for the long over due update and I know it's a bit crappy but I hope you'll be here waiting for the next chapter. :)