XXXVI • CRYING WOLF

Start from the beginning

"Mmm...that can be arranged." Stefan flirtatiously replied with a smirk.

An adorable giggle escapes her at the thought, widening her smile even more, "Okay. Now." She nods a little, "Today. Take me far, far away."

He shakes his head a little, truly puzzled, "Even with everything that's going on?" Despite the werewolves being forced out of town, that doesn't mean they're safe; especially when there are new residents in their hometown by an Original vampire with his two trusted witch allies by his deal with Elena. Despite how harmless Elijah may seem to them now, they still can't trust him. They can't really trust him to tell the ugly truth either. He's brilliant.

"Because of everything that's going on, actually." She chuckles at this truth. Honestly, she truly needs a distraction from this old sun and moon curse.

Stefan simply shrugs, "Well, in that case, where would you like to go?"

****

Salvatore Boarding House

Andie Star checks her wrist watch before she quickly puts on her dark green jacket as she speed-walks down the main stairs from sleeping with her new boyfriend the previous late night. Damon quickly trails after behind her, carrying her light green scarf along, smiling at his brand new love interest who he only takes a liking just because she resembles Rose-Marie a lot; standing at five feet eight tall, with light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Honestly, he genuinely feels much better once he's around this woman. Although not as better once he's around another certain girl, who's unfortunately spoken for by none other than his enviable, good brother.

"I'm late. This is such a crazy day." Andie stops and looks at her clear reflection in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs, "I'm, uh, covering the Historical Society's High Tea." She has a bandage over her bite mark on her neck, seemingly unfazed by it under her boyfriend's mind compulsion.

Tea? History? Crazy? It seems that Elijah Mikaelson fits those categories. Therefore, he would probably be present there, or perhaps only his friends.

Damon sarcastically replied; throwing the scarf up, "Ooh! Thrilling." Truth. Anything would give him the thrill once the Originals are involved anyway.

They walk together down the main hallway leading to the main front door, which he opens and finds Rosie just arriving back home from her best friend's house earlier, her caramel brown hair in a messy-styled bun. She stops at the doorstep to face them both, seemingly awkward to intercept her ways with them, especially when she's in a rush to see her boyfriend. Andie genuinely smiles at her in a friendly manner, which Rosie returns before she looks up at Damon, only to find him concealing his awkwardness with a tightly small smile for his best friend standing right in front of them.

"Good morning, Rosie." Damon simply greeted her.

"Morning." Rosie looks back at the woman curiously, "Leaving already?" Of course she would, being that the young woman is the new local newscaster.

"Yeah. The Historical Society is for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze." Andie informed them, smiling.

"Writer? What's his name?" Rosie asked, genuinely curious and interested, even though she seems to know the answer to her own question already.

"Uh, Elijah Smith."

Damon furrows his eyebrows judgmentally, "Smith. He's using Smith?" How very unoriginal of him to transition from an upper class name to a middle.

"Looks like it." Rosie shrugs it off with a clear look that says 'don't judge'.