"So what are we actually doing with these?" He asked as MErlin buckled a short sword to his trousers and wrapped a black cloack around himself before taking two of the swords form the blue eyed smith.

"There's a village to the east Feanor, the lord there has been over taxing the people but a lot of building burned down in a fired but he's refusing to rebuld and says he has no money even tho hes taken all of theirs. He's hiding in his manor hosting massive feasts. We're going to...change his mind" Merlin explained, all playfullness gone from him, his sapphire eyes stealy and cold. He looked at Dirk from the side of his eyes and his look softened a bit.

"We eon't hurt him. We just want him to change his tune" Her reassured the other man. there eyes met as they walked and Dirk could see he was teling the truth. He nodded gently.

"All right." Merlin gave him a small smile.

"Merlin!" It was Lancelot and Gwain coming out of the tavern, neither of them lived in Ealdor so they had no family to stay with.

"Hey boys. We've got swords!" Gwaine grinned rackishly and took one from Merlin admiring the craftsmanship. Lancelot took one also but with a serious look: he didn't like the idea that they could be used to kill, but he knew they needed them to defend themselfs. Dirk nodded awkardly at the to men who were now both looking at him inquisatively.

"Dirk willl be coming withus this time. He doesn't think I know how to use a sword!" explained Merlin in playful mock, drawing his sword from his belt and swishing it in the air as he spoke almost cutting himself as he did so in a way that made Dirk look knowing.

"Will'll be happy" Gwarin grinned.

"Oh know. He's still going t be the distraction. Dirk's just extra muscle. He's not distracting enough." countered Merlin.

"Really? Cuz you look like you can't keep your eyes off him" ribbed Gwaine winking at him. Merlin rolled his eyes but a slight blsuh spread across his face.

"Lets go get Will" Lancelot broke in before Merlin culd answer. They all agreed and went to Wills house where he was witing for him with horses. They mounted the horses and left the quiet pre-dawn village behind riding to the east to the village. It would not take long to get there and they had no plans to have to stay overnigth anywherre so they didn't take much with them. As the sun ris in the sky they traveled on through dense woodland and over a small mountain range eastwards.

As the sun peeked in the sky they stopped for lunch under a sprawling shade of a horse radish tree and ate the food they had bought with them. The small quintet of traveling party had been given a selection of Hunith's famous pies; the thing Merlin had missed the most living away from Ealdor in his tree top home. He had found that even his magic which crackled through his veigns in a golden spark could not match up to the joys of his mother's pastries. Chewing into a field mushroom and poussin pie, he smiled, his happiness magifnitied by the joy of the outdoor and the dappled sunlight paying in the crass around them. They ate in the revenant silence that Hunith's food deserved, only the occasional crunch of golen pastry breaking through the idyllic air, pefore Gwaine piped up:

"So Dirk, tell us about yourself? Where do you come from?" Gwan asked with sharp eyes contrasting his relaxed posture as he lay back on the grass with the sun dapling through the tree leaves on him. Dirk shrugged.

"I was a foudling, my dad found me in the woods as a babe, he and Gwen and Elyan adopted me and raised me as his son. He tought me blacksmithing along with Elyan but he was a bit of a wild card in his younger days so he eft for a while, but now he's back." Dirl narrated, stretching his body in the sunny breeze like a cat. Merlin was enrapt watchiung him but couhed nervously and looked away from him when he saw Will watching him wih a knowing smirk.