Chapter 2

The hooded girl was fast to return. Searching the bushes to find what she had lost. She had not yet noticed Obi, watching her from a distance. He stood up and quietly walked to her. She had her back faced to him and did not see the raven haired male approach her.

The girl seemed to have dropped to her knees in defeat. She let out a scream of frustration and the ebony feline from before crawled out of her hood. Obi was confused by her behaviour but soon realised that she was still looking for something.

"Looking for this?" he asked, leaning against a tree and spinning the bracelet around his finger.

The girl jumped to her feet and looked at him.

"How did you..." she started but never bothered to finish.

"Is it yours?" Obi asked looking at her.

"And what if it was?" she asked stepping towards him with a threatening look.

"It is quite nice to look at but if it isn't yours then I guess I'll keep it." replied Obi.

"It's not mine. But it's definitely not yours!" she said as she lunged towards him.

He swiftly dodged her poorly thought out attacks and suddenly grabbed her wrist. She didn't seem to like the fact that he did everything so easily. She glared at him and he knew that she was fed up. This girl was not going to let him toy around like that.

She looked him straight in the eyes and he felt a shiver go down his spine. She took this paralysing moment to punch him in the gut and ripped away from his grip. She then gave him one last death stare before running into the streets.

Obi was still cowering in pain when he saw her disappear into the crowd. She definitely wasn't the best at hiding. Or handling nerves. Or sparring. But she was scary. At first she seemed so weak and innocent. But those last few moments that he saw her... they showed him that she wasn't normal.

She was definitely something else.

Then Obi noticed something creep towards him. The black cat had been left behind.

"She's so careless." Obi said lifting the creature up.

The cat stared back into his eyes with quiet green eyes. Obi smiled and stroked the cat's fur but it hissed and jumped out of his arms.

"Hey, hey, it's ok." he said.

Obi followed the cat to the bush it had been hiding in. Then he saw a small brown bag with daggers inside and a small piece of bread. His eyebrows furrowed as he emptied the contents onto the ground. All the while, being scratched by the cat. He pushed the cat away and reached towards one of the daggers.

Suddenly, the cat jumped onto him and scratched his face. Blood trickled down his cheek and he said, "You're just like your master."

The cat hissed again.

"You look so innocent..." he said.

"But he can inflict so much damage." said a familiar voice.

Obi looked up to see the hooded girl walk up to him.

"I came back for my things." she said, "All of my things."

"Huh?" he looked down at the bracelet in his hand, "Oh."

"Give it to me." she said.

"..." he didn't reply.

"Give-" the hooded girl started.

"No." Obi cut her off, "Not until you tell me why you were following us."

The girl was silent for a while before sighing.

"Fine."